Anybody seen this error while on track?

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Please correct me if I am wrong but it takes 2500 seconds for the Verus Engineering plate to perform better than the stock differential cooling plate? That is over 40 minutes of track driving before the temperature of the verus cooling plate is lower than the stock cooling plate. I dont mean to be a negative nancy but there is no way that this fixes anything to that extreme from having a code to not having a code. Average track day person isnt going to be doing 40 minute full out track sessions without stopping in between when the car could cool down. Feels more like one of those dress up parts.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The way I read that little statement in the middle, which is poor testing practice, is oil temp in the diff was 15F higher when they decided to slap on the Verus plate, but that's just me being optimistic about this vague description. Perhaps you can reach out to Verus?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Please correct me if I am wrong but it takes 2500 seconds for the Verus Engineering plate to perform better than the stock differential cooling plate? That is over 40 minutes of track driving before the temperature of the verus cooling plate is lower than the stock cooling plate. I dont mean to be a negative nancy but there is no way that this fixes anything to that extreme from having a code to not having a code. Average track day person isnt going to be doing 40 minute full out track sessions without stopping in between when the car could cool down. Feels more like one of those dress up parts.
According to the disclaimer on the graph, In the large gray box, they installed the cooling plate while the diff was still hot. It would be nice to get some better data from them. It's not very like them to use incomplete data like this.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
According to the disclaimer on the graph, In the large gray box, they installed the cooling plate while the diff was still hot. It would be nice to get some better data from them. It's not very like them to use incomplete data like this.
it seems I cannot read. I know it wont be 100% but assuming we can extrapolate the data to the same starting temperatures it would still level off at a similar temperature and still not provide much additional cooling.

NewGuy

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 Premium,18 X5 M
So I’m running into the same issue. No tune, bolts on’s only. I ran in sport mode and to red line in automatic. Some mentioned above that spending too much time on redline with no traction could be the issue which is what’s happening :(

Would gripper tires help resolve this issue or just can’t push the car that hard?

issue started when i switched to new wheels if that makes a difference.

Reactions: zrk

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
Interesting topic will be hitting the track this year. I have the Verus Diff cooling plate installed. Also have you changed or checked your diff fluid levels ???

esoulliard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
FWIW, I go to NJMP often and I got the diff overheating error at the end of last season. It came on for me after I had some mild tweaks done to the car (more camber and 200tw tires). I installed the Verus diff cooler over the winter and haven't seen the error yet this season after 3 days of HPDE.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
FWIW, I go to NJMP often and I got the diff overheating error at the end of last season. It came on for me after I had some mild tweaks done to the car (more camber and 200tw tires). I installed the Verus diff cooler over the winter and haven't seen the error yet this season after 3 days of HPDE.
It's also been like low 30's to high 40's so far for this track season. ;)

I have the cooler sitting on my work bench ready to go on as it starts warming up.

MAXecutive

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90 Supra, '15 F36 435i GC, '97 A32 Maxima, '86 Z31 300ZX
I've seen the overheating message once for the diff. This is 1 time out of 8 track days. I was a NYST and did (8) 30 minute sessions on a very hot day. I was sliding the car all over the place when that came one towards the end. If I had the VERUS plate, it just might have kept it on the limit from throwing the light. I might give it a try ...

CaliSupraMBA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Stock everything. 1500 miles, first time pushing it straight line and this car has a problem, all the lights here flash and check engine. Car is in limp mode. I don’t know what to do besides bring it to the dealer.

MAXecutive

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've seen the overheating message once for the diff. This is 1 time out of 8 track days. I was a NYST and did (8) 30 minute sessions on a very hot day. I was sliding the car all over the place when that came one towards the end. If I had the VERUS plate, it just might have kept it on the limit from throwing the light. I might give it a try ...
Update, I installed the VERUS plate and switched over to Redline 75W90 gear oil. I haven't noticed any issues again after a track day at NYST and Lime Rock. I've been monitoring the gearbox temperatures through my EcuTek app. I believe that sensor reading is for the differential. The temperature still climbs as high as 218F immediately after a track session. I don't know what it was before having the cooling plate. The VERUS data provided didn't seem to match what I was experiencing based on my own use. The temperature continuously climbs the harder I push the car.

If anyone else has EcuTek and sees this issue, look for the gearbox temperature live data and see what value might be triggering it.

MAXecutive

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stock everything. 1500 miles, first time pushing it straight line and this car has a problem, all the lights here flash and check engine. Car is in limp mode. I don’t know what to do besides bring it to the dealer.
It didn't go into limp mode for me when I experienced it. I still did another 2 laps on the track with the warning up, taking it a little easy in the turns of course.
Sponsored