Anyone else keeping their Supra bone stock?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Millennial here as well. Planning on keeping my car stock as well, except for the wind buffeting fix, and maybe some coding as well.
Sponsored

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Personally I donā€™t think Iā€™ll do anything except brake pad, lines, and fluid on my ā€˜21 until itā€™s at least out of warranty. GenX here so, thereā€™s that.

Ok maybe a steering wheel!

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Minimal mods here. Iā€™ve had highly modded cars before and, while fun, itā€™s a slippery slope for me.

The Supra is the first car Iā€™ve owned where I donā€™t immediately start ripping off (perfectly good) stock parts and modding it.

Could I make it faster? Sure.

Would it make a difference to my enjoyment of the car? Hell no. Itā€™s plenty fast for street and HPDE/auto-x.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Just throwing it out there if thereā€™s been anyone wondering if the 21s had similar bad alignments from the factory...

Threw this on a rack today, the front toe was unreal.

edit: sorry, wrong thread, but will leave it here just for those satisfied with stock - check that shit! :p

21F8460A-D012-42BF-ABF3-A5D1528BE28B.jpeg

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
This car doesn't "need" anything so I'm not doing much. Got the AWE Resonated Touring catback for some better sound and for the black tips, window tint, and the OEM spoiler. This is the first car I've owned I actually like the OEM wheels on, so I won't even change those.

OP
OP

ogun228

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Turbulence gray Premium Supra
Just throwing it out there if thereā€™s been anyone wondering if the 21s had similar bad alignments from the factory...

edit: sorry, wrong thread, but will leave it here just for those satisfied with stock - check that shit! :p

Yes, well, my fronts weren't that bad, needed only -.02 adj however the rears needed -.14 each. That was with OEM wheels and Conti all seasons .
Car tracks straight and true, no longer has the "built-in" drift that unsettled me. Different car now.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
This car doesn't "need" anything so I'm not doing much. Got the AWE Resonated Touring catback for some better sound and for the black tips, window tint, and the OEM spoiler. This is the first car I've owned I actually like the OEM wheels on, so I won't even change those.
you got the nice matte black ones unlike us who got the ugly two tone corolla/Camry looking wheels lol

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Trying to minimize mod. For me to consider mod in this car is,

- Can the mod be undone and return to stock.
- Will it protect car? - mostly cosmetic.
- Will it stabilize car during track use?
- Will it make this car safer? - track & street
- Will it improve my driving skill? - track & street

So far, mostly cosmetic to protect. Only functional part is cusco sway bar. but will see what other is needed. ;)

Chizadyo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Tungsten Silver
I'm trying to be conservative and wait to see what else the aftermarket field has to offer. Looking for TRD items to keep that authentic appeal.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Thought about it but the more I drive it, the more I realize it needs to be faster. I'll keep my mods simple however; catless downpipe, full exhaust, enclosed intake, and a tune. Oh and I'll be purchasing lighter wheels and wider tires at some point.

Supra CRNA

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR, 2006 Mitsu Lancer Evo 9 RS
I kept it pretty stock for the first year of ownership and told myself I would keep it stock at least until warranty was up, but the mod bug hit me lol.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD

Why does that picture say 1998 Supra?

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Why does that picture say 1998 Supra?
this is a rack at racetrack, it doesn't know about the internet or updating oem specs ? ignore the left side.

RixSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 1993 Supra TT, 1991 Corvette ZR-1
Vehicle Showcase
99% of boomers plan to keep their car stock.
Yes I am a boomer and yes my 2020 Supra Launch Edition is stock except PPF, & the $9 wind buffeting fix. I may do the subwoofer improvement, but that's probably about it.
I'm hoping the Launch Edition will lower the deprecation a bit. I think it may have slightly higher sale price if I keep it stock. I do also have a 1993 Supra TT that is also completely bone-stock, so maybe I am the quintessential boomer. :)
Sponsored