Anyone removed the flimsy undercar brace?

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
Does it actually do anything? Referring to the aluminum brace across the car, under the exhaust.
A33BC4E8-00AA-4D44-B2CE-9E380C9A1E50.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
I have mine off It does pretty much nothing. I had to remove it for my aftermarket exhaust.
Perfect! I couldn’t see it doing much anyways. I’ll put the hardware back and leave the damn brace hanging in the garage.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
If it didn't do anything it wouldn't have been installed on the car in the first place. If it's there, it has a purpose, and it's bigger than what you can see, with arms that extend out and rearwards, obscured by the plastic covers.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
yes it does nothing
what do those loser engineers at BMW/Toyota GR know about chassis development
:hmm:
Crash safety standards or some bullshit. That thing is about as stiff as a beer can.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Is it stiffer than stock?
The bar itself is, yes, but whether that translates into any change in the car's behavior is another matter. My gut feeling is it won't make any difference you can feel, but it looks nice. I didn't really notice anything when I installed it.

Gain any space for a larger exhaust?
No it's roughly the same size as stock and mounts in the same place, it's just solid instead of hollow and a bit thicker, especially at the bolt holes.

OP
OP
Timmy_Jones

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
The bar itself is, yes, but whether that translates into any change in the car's behavior is another matter. My gut feeling is it won't make any difference you can feel, but it looks nice. I didn't really notice anything when I installed it.

No it's roughly the same size as stock and mounts in the same place, it's just solid instead of hollow and a bit thicker, especially at the bolt holes.
Appreciate it! Thanks