Anyone try JB+ Tuner?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
After all the times I watched your super informative videos. Let me inform you. Go with Ecutek and be done. I done a ton of research on it. Go with Marin @ Goodspeed with Ecutek and have him remotely custom tune you. You wonā€™t be sorry. Donā€™t get that Jbl plus tuner crap.

OP
OP
CarGuy11

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
Thanks but I would like to keep my warranty. Not looking for the most power as I want it to stay reliable on track. What is the issue with these??

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
^^^^Uh oh....Now we're going to get into the whole keeping your warranty issue again...lol. All joking aside I have a JB4 I've been wanting to install on my 21 so I'm interested what's wrong them also. I realize they don't make nearly the power as the Ecutek but they seem like a way to get a decent bump in power, allow a small percentage of ethanol mix without a flex fuel kit, etc.

FogMachine

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
After all the times I watched your super informative videos. Let me inform you. Go with Ecutek and be done. I done a ton of research on it. Go with Marin @ Goodspeed with Ecutek and have him remotely custom tune you. You wonā€™t be sorry. Donā€™t get that Jbl plus tuner crap.
Also a big point is a newer car purchased in The last 3+ months is going to have the DME locked so then you only have two options if you even wanted to go ECUTEK you have to either pull out your ECU and mail it to a tuner for them to unlock it or go visit them in person.

Iā€™m running a piggyback tune right now myself. Iā€™m currently trying out the Racechip GTS Black module and I can feel a difference from stock even with it being 95+ degrees out rn.

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019ā€™ Yamaha R1m ā€”2020 F450ā€”2021 Supra 3.0 ā€”1999 silverado 4x4ā€“1997 Husqvarna CR250ā€“ 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
The jb4 with bluetooth is what you want. Its the best datalogger you can get. It adds a boost gauge to your car via the phone app. And adds maybe 80hp If the dyno charts are to be believed. I have yet to see proper dyno from a non employee of burger motors. But i have one on my 2021 Supra mainly for the datalogger and water meth injection controller. It definitly wakes the car up on 93 octane map 3

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Had a JB4 on my N54 and i was very pleased with the safety features and flexibility of map 5

I have a 2021 that may be unlockable otherwise I would 100% go ecutec.
While i am confident someone will be able to crack it, I do not know if it will be a week or a year. May go with JB4 in meantime...

what are the different maps available?
I plan on catless downpipe and exhaust.

On my N54 i was able to add 1-2gals of corn and map5 could handle it. was like adding TNT in the tank. Is there a similar option?

IF/When they crack new ecu's i do plan on full flex fuel kit

APEXHunter

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Has anyone used JB Plus tuner? Curious on your thoughts. Simple plug & play.
I have the JB+ and set to the max setting with 93 octane it feels amazing. Even at 75% setting with 91 it feels much better than stock. And it feels better with partial throttle too, not just WOT. Ambient air really affects performance. When its below 70 degrees, it really feels fast. (before JB+ I got walked by an M4. With JB+ it was an even race) Also, it shifts different now for some reason. Sometimes there's a slight delay under wot. Its not the worst thing, and I kinda like the delay for some reason, makes it shift harder and less refined lol if that makes sense to anyone. Wonder if its damaging anything :dunno:

Some stats (similar weather conditions, same road)
Stock car + 91 octane with intake - 4.23 seconds (after numerous attempts, tc off, brake boosted, no launch control)
JB+ 93 octane with intake - 3.83 seconds (probably my best launch on the street, tc off, brake boosted, no launch control, but still lots of wheel spin through first)

Spiguyver

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition Refraction Blue
I have the JB+ and set to the max setting with 93 octane it feels amazing. Even at 75% setting with 91 it feels much better than stock. And it feels better with partial throttle too, not just WOT. Ambient air really affects performance. When its below 70 degrees, it really feels fast. (before JB+ I got walked by an M4. With JB+ it was an even race) Also, it shifts different now for some reason. Sometimes there's a slight delay under wot. Its not the worst thing, and I kinda like the delay for some reason, makes it shift harder and less refined lol if that makes sense to anyone. Wonder if its damaging anything :dunno:

Some stats (similar weather conditions, same road)
Stock car + 91 octane with intake - 4.23 seconds (after numerous attempts, tc off, brake boosted, no launch control)
JB+ 93 octane with intake - 3.83 seconds (probably my best launch on the street, tc off, brake boosted, no launch control, but still lots of wheel spin through first)
Any codes thrown with it at full max? Still enjoying it?
Sponsored