Anyone using JB4?

LVCATZ

First Name
Ameer
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV A90, S4 B8
Burbles are different than flap control.
No JB4 does not control burbles
But, you can flash in back end maps that have all sorts of more power and burbles

I have a 2021 w JB4. Run map 2 until I have time to install dp and the EWG Then I was going to dyno

guessing I’m at 420-430 now and after dp, EWG and a map with a little corn I can be at 450.
See how I like it before ripping out and going flex fuel kit and a ecutek tune from one the pros
I'm thinking about getting the EWG, decent price, but don't know much about it. Also, thinking of getting the WMI kit as well with the dual injectors. You do this yet or thinking about it? Know anyone who has? Just emailed Terry asking about it. Which map to run. Usually running Map 3.

What wheel/tire setup are you running? Especially in the rears? I think that will be the next change that is needed.
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
You Def want the EWG as the Ecu programmed to limit overboost

I have not done water meth. I go to track day once a month or so and the current horsepower is already well beyond my current tires and skill level. I need to spend money on tires, brakes, suspension then maybe a little HP in that order. My times would drop rapidly if I could hold in a couple corners and launch with out spin coming out of a couple others.

there is a great forum that terry and others readily answer questions and the b58 has its own section.

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
Running a JB4 on my '21, on program 2. Loving it so far, feels like stock but with more tire spin. No changes to daily driveability, just more overall power. Just ordered the EWG connector, looking forward to seeing how 3 or 4 feels.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
California smog is 6 years.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Running a JB4 on my '21, on program 2. Loving it so far, feels like stock but with more tire spin. No changes to daily driveability, just more overall power. Just ordered the EWG connector, looking forward to seeing how 3 or 4 feels.
Is yours a post-7/20 car? Also curious about whether you have dynoed your car?

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
Is yours a post-7/20 car? Also curious about whether you have dynoed your car?
Nope, mine is an early '21, manufactured 03/20. So I could do another tune if I wanted, just going quick and easy with least concern about annual inspections here in PA.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
It’s fine and reliable. Had one for 3 years on an n54.
Installed a cheap used jb4 on my 2021 when I thought my Ecu could not be unlocked.
Long term plan will be a custom tune at some point

to your questions:
It’s easy, safe and reliable. Yes the obd2 cord is necessary for gauges and logging. I don’t know why you wouldn’t add? Took me 5 mins to run the cord.
I am running map 2 and 93 octane until I have time to I stall my dp. Then map3 and beyond w flex fuel and or custom tune. Drives normal until you get into it.

also the obd connection allows some other little tweaks little exhaust flap control.
Where did you find a cheap used one? Should I be looking at other cars forums?

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
I'm thinking about getting the EWG, decent price, but don't know much about it. Also, thinking of getting the WMI kit as well with the dual injectors. You do this yet or thinking about it? Know anyone who has? Just emailed Terry asking about it. Which map to run. Usually running Map 3.

What wheel/tire setup are you running? Especially in the rears? I think that will be the next change that is needed.
What gas are you using on map 3?
I currently run map 2 on 93 octane
ran map 3 on 1 tank on e30 and fuck... was that noticeable

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
What gas are you using on map 3?
I currently run map 2 on 93 octane
ran map 3 on 1 tank on e30 and fuck... was that noticeable
I'm considering ordering a Fuel-it flex sensor so I can run e30 full time. Researching it to see if it's something I want to do or not. I have e85 all over the place so it's tempting.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
Does this work with the 2021 Supras?
yes it works pretty good on my 21. I’m running it with Bluetooth and EWG Maps 3 or 4 on a E20 mix.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where did you find a cheap used one? Should I be looking at other cars forums?
As soon as they’re able to crack the later 21 models, this place will be flooded with JB4.
My kit will for sure be posted for sale. ?

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm considering ordering a Fuel-it flex sensor so I can run e30 full time. Researching it to see if it's something I want to do or not. I have e85 all over the place so it's tempting.
Boostlogic and Visconti just came out with a pretty sweet port injection kit you should look into.