Anyone using JB4?

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Unless they are purposely rooting around in that engine compartment, they should not know its there.
Last time I tried to get my STi emissions tested, they definitely rooted around in the engine compartment. Between the big rotated turbo, FMIC, SS braided fuel lines everywhere, and external WG with atmospheric dump tube, they couldn't make heads or tails of anything though. They actually called me out from the waiting area to explain everything to them. It actually passed the visual after all of that, but failed the smog because the guy stalled it out on the rollers 5 times during the test.

Based on that, I doubt that even if they were rooting around the engine bay, they would notice a JB4 piggybacked in the corner, and even if they did notice it, they probably wouldn't care. That was in Colorado, I'm not sure how Cali would compare.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So I just installed my JB4 on Friday and posted some logs on N54 Tech and haven’t heard anything back. Do you guys who’ve posted your logs there have any idea how long they typically take to get back to you?

bobombo

First Name
Lan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium 2021
I'm a noob on this platform. Does the JB4 clear CEL for dp? Thanks.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 NSX, 2016 428i Gran Coupe
I just got waxed last night by a 5.0 Mustang with intake/exhaust/tune. pulled me about 3/4 of a car from 40-140.

Have the AA catted DP and Armytrix exhaust. Ordered the JB4 from the gas station right after we did our pulls...cuz that aint gonna fly!

I always run 93 octane...seems like Maps 1, 2, and 3 should all be good on that setup, yes?

Do they send instructions about what each map is setup for?

How are you guys running E30, E50, etc. mixes? Are you mixing it at the pump yourself?

Any crash course tidbits on the JB4 maps would be...appreciated!

TIA

Jaydee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
‘21 Supra Nitro Yellow
So I just installed my JB4 on Friday and posted some logs on N54 Tech and haven’t heard anything back. Do you guys who’ve posted your logs there have any idea how long they typically take to get back to you?
They usually reply when they have time. Remember, they also manage other threads and forums too with logs.

I just got waxed last night by a 5.0 Mustang with intake/exhaust/tune. pulled me about 3/4 of a car from 40-140.

Have the AA catted DP and Armytrix exhaust. Ordered the JB4 from the gas station right after we did our pulls...cuz that aint gonna fly!

I always run 93 octane...seems like Maps 1, 2, and 3 should all be good on that setup, yes?

How are you guys running E30, E50, etc. mixes? Are you mixing it at the pump yourself?

TIA
You can run up to map 3 but it will be like sh*tty. Log Map 1 through 3 and post it on the forums (N54). They will push some revisions on your JB4. If you want to take it further you can get custom tuned JB4 with some vendors on here. (Map 6)

Regarding the E-Mixes you can pump 3 gallons at your local station and gauge from there OR you can buy a content reader and you'll be sure what your mix is.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium

TIA
I have an AA catted dp and the fuel it flex fuel sensor. I run map 3 with an e25-30 blend to ensure no timing issues etc. This puppy moves. Sure I can go further and have it dialed in via a custom map but I get more than enough on map 3 with ewg installed.

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They usually reply when they have time. Remember, they also manage other threads and forums too with logs.

You can run up to map 3 but it will be like sh*tty. Log Map 1 through 3 and post it on the forums (N54). They will push some revisions on your JB4. If you want to take it further you can get custom tuned JB4 with some vendors on here. (Map 6)

Regarding the E-Mixes you can pump 3 gallons at your local station and gauge from there OR you can buy a content reader and you'll be sure what your mix is.
Thank you! What do I need to do to run map 3?

On the mix, are you suggesting 3 gallons of E85 and the rest of the tank with 93? Would that work for map 3?

Any tuners you would recommend for map 6?

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have an AA catted dp and the fuel it flex fuel sensor. I run map 3 with an e25-30 blend to ensure no timing issues etc. This puppy moves. Sure I can go further and have it dialed in via a custom map but I get more than enough on map 3 with ewg installed.
You mix yourself using E85 & 93 at the pump?

BTW...So I'm hearing I should probably stick to maps 1 and 2 without any changes, yes?

Jaydee

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
‘21 Supra Nitro Yellow
Thank you! What do I need to do to run map 3?

To have your EWG Harness connected and 93 pumped in. Some say having a few gallons of E85 help out that map.

On the mix, are you suggesting 3 gallons of E85 and the rest of the tank with 93? Would that work for map 3?

I just use 3 Gallons because my station is pretty much E85 from other people testing it. Yes it’ll work.

Any tuners you would recommend for map 6?

Justin Dabears on Facebook is working on my Map 6 File and it’s a night and day difference between Map 3 & 6. I would also suggest @Twisted Tuning for tuning as well.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra 3.0 premium
You mix yourself using E85 & 93 at the pump?

BTW...So I'm hearing I should probably stick to maps 1 and 2 without any changes, yes?
Yep! The Fuel-it app has a calculator (there are others online as well) that has you put in how much fuel you currently have left in your tank (you can use the Supra Connect app to see this) and what your target ethanol content is. On an average fill up, I usually add somewhere between 2.5 and 3 gallons of ethanol to hit e25. The Fuel-it sensor has been pretty great for this and has taken all the guess work out of it. Some folks will look at you like you are crazy when you use two different pumps at the same station :p

wrapfee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks Jaydee. I really appreciate it.
Sponsored