thunderous_rs

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Audi RS6, 2019 Audi RS4, 2005 Evo 8 MR
Hi Guys

I am running a JB4 and am presently on Map 3. Please excuse my ignorance but how does the MHD BEF run with the JB4. What does the BEF do and what will the JB4 control?
Sponsored

Nchaydar

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
I have not, what do the logs say? What are you using to monitor ethanol content??

I have been using a E85 test kit to see ethanol content before mixing and it seems that it is usually around 70% , so I mix about 3.5 gallons of it in with my 93 octane .

sstevens7

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I was also advised to run Map 5 as apposed to Map 3 on my 2021. Does anyone know why an absolute map is preferred over an additive map? What adjustments are you making to FF and Duty Bias?
Changed to 50 on bias across the board and changed FF to 60 per Steve’s guidance. Still waiting on him to look at my log where I pulled through some gears.

Raehan

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 jeep grand cherokee diesel, 2020 supra gr, 2013 Cmax
I have the JB4 with EWG and flex fuel sensor. I have run Maps 1-3 on the street without problem. You won’t even know it’s there until you step on it. It was incredibly easy to install although did have to lengthen the wire back to JB4 (to short) for flex fuel sensor. I haven’t had a chance to dino the car, If I do, I will post results.

Raehan

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 jeep grand cherokee diesel, 2020 supra gr, 2013 Cmax
Do have a question while on the subject of JB4. The sensor read 25% on it’s app and 22% on the JB4. After driving for awhile the JB4 read 4% and sensor was still reading 20-22%. Anyone know why the discrepancy?
Also, with the sensor wired into the JB4, do I need to do anything else other than changing the map?

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I was also advised to run Map 5 as apposed to Map 3 on my 2021. Does anyone know why an absolute map is preferred over an additive map? What adjustments are you making to FF and Duty Bias?
Map 5 because the 21 has a higher target in the 21, 2 more psi I believe in the 6 sport. Map 5 is what I'm using now. Also curious on where to set FF

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Just received my JB4 and Fuel-It. Will get installed week after next I hope. Having a local tuner do it (bad things happen when biologists work on cars).

Any words of advice or suggestions would be welcomed.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know roughly how much HP is gained at each different map setting? I get that it depends on individual mods done to your car but maybe there is a baseline? Burger advertises 100hp gain with the JB4 but is that at Map1 or MapX??

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Does anyone know roughly how much HP is gained at each different map setting? I get that it depends on individual mods done to your car but maybe there is a baseline? Burger advertises 100hp gain with the JB4 but is that at Map1 or MapX??
If Burger advertises a 100hp gain then they're lying.

ddoubled

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Nocturnal
On the website
"Power gains of up to 100hp on a stock vehicle without the risks of flashing!"
"Power gains of up to 80hp to the wheels on a stock vehicle"

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
The overall gains are going to be cumulative in that other mods will be needed for the full 100hp gain(along with an E blend or WMI). Normal gains without other mods for maps 1-3 will be in the neighborhood of 40-ish+ and similar torque gains. 93 octane. Dyno will tell your for sure.

strohw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 X3M, 2009 987.2, 2021 Supra
I'm pretty sure the HP numbers Burger is claiming are based off the 2020 models and they never updated the page to make a distinction from the 2021.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
You can adjust boost pressure with JB4 across the powerband. You can easily add 100hp. Probably more. The engine might not survive, but you can definitely keep cranking the boost still she blows.

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The overall gains are going to be cumulative in that other mods will be needed for the full 100hp gain(along with an E blend or WMI). Normal gains without other mods for maps 1-3 will be in the neighborhood of 40-ish+ and similar torque gains. 93 octane. Dyno will tell your for sure.
That makes sense what you’re saying because obviously you need to have better octane/fueling as your boost goes up but if that’s the case, that’s how Burger should advertise it in my opinion.

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Hi Guys

I am running a JB4 and am presently on Map 3. Please excuse my ignorance but how does the MHD BEF run with the JB4. What does the BEF do and what will the JB4 control?
I currently run the JB4 with a MHD bef and for starters. It’s a totally different car now.
once you bef the car, you go into JB4 and toggle bit6 so the JB4 knows a bef map has been loaded.
The biggest advantages you will notice with the MHD is better timing and fuel adjustments.
the bef will also clear the codes of a catless downpipe so a cel won’t come on.
I use the JB4 app for logging and map changes. If you bef the car, you won’t be utlitizing MHD. It’s kinda a one and done type thing unless you want to try different bef maps and change burble
Sponsored