are A90 Supra Aftermarket Exhaust able to fit on the A91?

ayeerock

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic FK7, Toyota Supra A90
Been browsing online for an aftermarket exhaust for my A91 supra and I noticed most if not all aftermarket exhaust list the A90 supra but not the A91. I know the A91 has a different exhaust set up but, can i buy an A90 Aftermarket Exhaust and is it able to fit on the A91?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Been browsing online for an aftermarket exhaust for my A91 supra and I noticed most if not all aftermarket exhaust list the A90 supra but not the A91. I know the A91 has a different exhaust set up but, can i buy an A90 Aftermarket Exhaust and is it able to fit on the A91?
The A91 does not have a different exhaust than the A90s, does it? All of the differences between the A90 and A91 are cosmetic.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
The A91 does not have a different exhaust than the A90s, does it? All of the differences between the A90 and A91 are cosmetic.

The 2021 Supra has a different number of ports in the turbo manifold than the 2020 model. 6 vs 2 respectively. There are some other differences in suspension and such, but otherwise the 2 cars are very similar.

Also for future reference, there is no A91 Supra.
It's simply a 2021 model year A90 Supra.
The A91 is a special edition of the 2021 model year A90 Supra.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
The 2021 Supra has a different number of ports in the turbo manifold than the 2020 model. 6 vs 2 respectively. There are some other differences in suspension and such, but otherwise the 2 cars are very similar.

It's simply a 2021 model year A90 Supra.
The A91 is a special edition of the 2021 model year A90 Supra.
I was about to say the same thing. i dont know why it erks me when people say A91 when its just a 2021 and not the special edition. But im anal like that for whatever reason. Haha

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Pedantically, there is. It's just an identifier on the trim level - it's what Toyota markets the special trims as. So it _does_ exist, it's just not a chassis code.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was about to say the same thing. i dont know why it erks me when people say A91 when its just a 2021 and not the special edition. But im anal like that for whatever reason. Haha
I just don't want people to be confused with all of the name/terms this car gets referred to as.

Sometimes it's a MK V, sometimes it's a GR Supra, an A90 Supra, etc.

It creates confusion and that's what likely lead to this post being created.

I myself had the same questions when I was initially shopping for parts.

BT

OP what sort of exhausts have you been considering? I'd recommend either AWE or Magnaflow from hearing them both in person. (I went with AWE myself).

Reactions: zrk

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
From what I was reading in another thread, when tuners began looking at the tunable '21 supras, they had an internal code in the ECU referring to them as "A91".

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Just reiterating what others have said, a91 is just the limited edition of the 21/22 (22 is a91 cf) but here is my YouTube with videos of the full active autowerkes exhaust. Some with just their downpipe and most with downpipe and full exhaust. And if it gives you peace of mind I have an A91 edition. Any questions feel free to hit me up

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
What do you guys think about this video: . I love the Throttle House guys, but they seem to possibly be confused about the A90 vs A91 thing and the years, or they're just not communicating it effectively. What they seem to be saying is that the 2021 A91 was significantly faster than the 2021 A90 on the track, which doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
ayeerock

ayeerock

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just don't want people to be confused with all of the name/terms this car gets referred to as.

Sometimes it's a MK V, sometimes it's a GR Supra, an A90 Supra, etc.

It creates confusion and that's what likely lead to this post being created.

I myself had the same questions when I was initially shopping for parts.

BT

OP what sort of exhausts have you been considering? I'd recommend either AWE or Magnaflow from hearing them both in person. (I went with AWE myself).
Was looking at the Boost Logic, FI and HKS exhaust. Im totally open to other options tho.

OP
OP
ayeerock

ayeerock

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just reiterating what others have said, a91 is just the limited edition of the 21/22 (22 is a91 cf) but here is my YouTube with videos of the full active autowerkes exhaust. Some with just their downpipe and most with downpipe and full exhaust. And if it gives you peace of mind I have an A91 edition. Any questions feel free to hit me up
Wow, never even heard of this exhaust before. Sounds great man!

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Was looking at the Boost Logic, FI and HKS exhaust. Im totally open to other options tho.
There really aren't any bad options, just need to figure out what the use case is for the car. If it's a daily driver, then you probably want something that's a little bit less LOUD than the Boost Logic.

If you are going for a weekend warrior, then it doesn't really matter as long as you like the sound/performance. I don't think I've heard any bad sounding options as of yet.

I'd check out Studio RSR and Supreme Power Inc for parts ordering and install in the LA area (unless of course you want to order and/or install yourself).

Both shops are top notch and fairly priced.

I think there are also a couple of shops on the forum, they seem to post pretty regularly and offer good customer service/pricing from what I have read.
Sponsored