tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you make a valid point but a drop in 9ch Mobridge amp/dsp is $1000. For another $300 you can buy a 300w rms 8" enclosed sub.

My build for example, the labor for the amp/dsp is $700 with a planned tuning time of 4 hours. $50 to drop in an enclosed subwoofer of choice and another $150 in shop materials.

$2200 installed at a high end shop.

This results in an OPEN tunable platform with triple the power the OEM audio plus system has.
Wow... Is your new system over 1935 Watts?? The OEM Audio claims 645W...

What audio shop are you using? I live in the Tucson area....
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk

strohw

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 X3M, 2009 987.2, 2021 Supra
I think I missed them stating they bypassed the woofers with it being in between those groups of images. What's up with their wattage rating on their amp though. They claim 645w...which for the size..OK maybe but then they say 6w below it and they're using a 100w sub. I'm assuming the 6w is a miss print. I'd expect at least 40w@2ohm from an amp that size for the regular channels.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
Wow... Is your new system over 1935 Watts?? The OEM Audio claims 645W...

What audio shop are you using? I live in the Tucson area....
Maybe lets see:

Ch2 Front L Tweeter 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch3 Front L 4" Woofer 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch4 Front R Tweeter 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch5 Front R 4" Woofer 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch8 Rear Left component 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch9 Rear Right component 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch1 Subwoofers 1000w (500w rms @2 ohms)

So that's 2050w or 1100w rms.

Ch6 not being used but has 300w or 200w rms @4 ohm
Ch7 not being used but has 300w or 200w rms @4 ohm

I'm using Handcrafted Auto and Marine in Chandler.

Edit: link to the amp: https://mobridge.us/product/mobridge-most25-amp/

RMS info was DM'ed to me by a Mobridge rep.

Last edited:

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think I missed them stating they bypassed the woofers with it being in between those groups of images. What's up with their wattage rating on their amp though. They claim 645w...which for the size..OK maybe but then they say 6w below it and they're using a 100w sub. I'm assuming the 6w is a miss print. I'd expect at least 40w@2ohm from an amp that size for the regular channels.
yeah, I caught that too...It's a typo...should be 645W , not 6....Ha!

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe lets see:

Ch1 Front L Tweeter 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch2 Front L 4" Woofer 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch3 Front R Tweeter 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch4 Front R 4" Woofer 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch5 Rear Left component 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch6 Rear Right component 175w (100w rms @4 ohms)
Ch9 Subwoofers 1000w (500w rms @2 ohms)

So that's 2050w or 1100w rms.

Ch7 not being used but has 300w or 200w rms @4 ohm
Ch8 not being used but has 300w or 200w rms @4 ohm

I'm using Handcrafted Auto and Marine in Chandler.
OIC now...thanks for clarifying that...

1100 W rms max... Oem Audio+ is 645 W rms@2ohm

Last edited:

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
OIC now...thanks for clarifying that...

1100 W rms max... Oem Audio+ is 645 W rms
I never asked what the rms with a 2ohm load for the first 6 channels would be but ch6 and ch7 can be run at 2 ohm at 280 rms.

So at minimum this is a 1660w rms amp. Very powerful.

Last edited:

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I never asked what the rms with a 2ohm load for the first 6 channels would be but ch7 and ch8 can be run at 2 ohm at 280 rms.

So at minimum this is a 1660w rms amp. Very powerful.
thanks for clarifying.... I was just curious as you had said 3x the power ...That would be way more than enough...ha!

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
thanks for clarifying.... I was just curious as you had said 3x the power ...That would be way more than enough...ha!
It could very well be x3 if the first 6 channels have a 2ohm load rating.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I sent them an email and they already corrected it to read 645 Watts RMS now....

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I donā€™t own a Supraā€¦yet. I had a 2001 MR2 Spider, and now have a 2013 Prius. I updated the speakers in both cars and used Hertz speakers. Awesome sound. I didnā€™t need a sub for the Prius. I only repIaced the door speakers. I did add Damplifier(sound deadening) in the doors. If youā€™re a DYI person, Crutchfield has a great selection, and the website has a feature where you can listen and compare. Usually, the site can recommend parts that will fit your car, but they havenā€™t researched the Supra, so youā€™d need to know the sizes of your speakers.

Value

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
My favorite part of the system is the price. Go onto there website and click on 7-8 different cars and check out the pricing - Almost all of them are 799/899/1100 - A few have 1599 options with tweeters etc. Then the Supra is 2500 on sale - 3000 msrp ?

I donā€™t like that they bypassed the rear subs,and 645 watts isnā€™t much at all imo

If it had multiple amps with more power and two 8ā€ subs,maybe I would see the value. But as it sits right now,I see a ton of Supra tax added into the pricing

Edit: I just spoke to them for about 1 hour and they seem like really cool guys. They basically said the raw material is mostly why the price point is so high. I told them to join the forums and all the FB groups so they can explain more in detail about the system.

Last edited:

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Wow! That's a lot for an amp, DSP and sub enclosure.

I remember looking into their systems when I had my BRZ. That was a complete speaker replacement (not just an added sub), amp and DSP for $1600. I think they had one without the additional sub for $300 less.

While Tadda's mod fixes most of the audio problems in this car, I can't justify that price for no other speaker replacements nor utilizing the OEM subs or it's inclosure.

Maybe they could offer tiered packages with just amp, DSP and different speaker replacements for under $2K in the future.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FYI...

Here is OEMAudio+ response to the question many seem to have as to why the cost of the Supra audio system they are currently offering is higher to that of the Toyota 86 and other systems they offer for other vehicles....

"It really comes down to what the System is made up of and what is required for a seamless installation with the factory electronics. We approached the Supra with a careful selection of materials and great attention to detail. The cost is a reflection of the class of parts utilized, and the necessary modules to interface with the MOST infrastructure of the Supra. It is due to the closed-loop network of the MOST system that after two years of vehicle production, we are one of the first to offer a turn-key amplifier (and so much more) that integrates with the Supra - it was an undertaking to say the least.

Apart from the added electronics to play nicely with the factory System, we invested in next-level Amplification and Processing, surpassing the performance of other applications we offer (apples and oranges). To compare the Evolution Series against the Reference Series would be liken to comparing a Supra to the 86. Yes, both have Toyota emblems, but the engineering, performance, and ultimately the results are different in class. Not wrong, just different.

Just like all our applications, we know our sound solutions are not ā€œcheap.ā€ Our pricing will always be a reflection of bill of materials (the cost of producing the Solution) and we will always strive to ensure the end-user gets the best pricing we can offer. Therefore it is our commitment and unrelenting investment to ensure our products exceed the expectations of each owner and deliver results unattainable for the cost. "

Last edited:

dazza

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW Golf R Mk7.5 & Toyota Supra MkV
FYI...

Here is OEMAudio+ response to the question many seem to have as to why the cost of the Supra audio system they are currently offering is higher to that of the Toyota 86 and other systems they offer for other vehicles....

I have been running the most25 preamplifier now for more than a couple of months and not a single glitch. it integrates perfectly with the Supra's warning tones phone I drive etc.

Mobridge is an Australian business. I purchased the first unit and the firmware wasnt right. I had a thumping sound on startup and phone feedback through my microphone. Mobridge actually arranged to meet me on site with my car for a few hours and got all the programming settings for the Supra sorted.

It hasnt missed a beat since. 8 channel preamp outputs you can do what you like with any amplifier on the market can be used.

I know they have their own surplus amplifiers that they are selling which is an option too.

I have no affiliation with them but I live in Australia and due to being the first person with a Supra to buy this unit I am kind of fortunate I had the experience and met the person behind it all.

The unit fits neatly underneath the bracket where the ASM used to sit with out the need for screwing or drilling.

Its a no brainer. Also was told that the Audison DMI is a basic mobridge inside. Anyone who installed a Audison DMI would have experienced the same issues I had and should update the firmware, because it now works perfectly.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I dropped my car off at the shop yesterday to start my audio build utilizing aftermarket equipment and removing the oem enclosure and building a new one. I'm thinking starting a separate thread and document the progress.
Sponsored