First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
bringing back an old thread but couldn’t find anything so wanted to ask if this combo of AA DP and AWE touring exhaust brings any drone while going through the RPM range i.e. highway speeds. My mustang GT with Roush catback exhaust had terrible drone at highway speeds so want to avoid that again lol.
Everyone has a difference tolerance but no practically no drone..

We got the combo in stock.

-Josh
Sponsored

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ 3.0 Base
bringing back an old thread but couldn’t find anything so wanted to ask if this combo of AA DP and AWE touring exhaust brings any drone while going through the RPM range i.e. highway speeds. My mustang GT with Roush catback exhaust had terrible drone at highway speeds so want to avoid that again lol.
None. I just posted a review and videos of the AA DP and both AWE touring setups. If you have any concern go resonated. Unresonated sounds amazing too. Check the thread I made.

rowdy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Renaissance Red 2.0 A90 Supra 3.0L
None. I just posted a review and videos of the AA DP and both AWE touring setups. If you have any concern go resonated. Unresonated sounds amazing too. Check the thread I made.
appreciate it! Will definitely check out your videos.

SupraTR

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 Premium; Mazda CX-5
My two cents. I have MAP catted downpipe (basically AA it is 400 cell) plus AWE resonated touring. I love the sound, especially in sport, in 90% of situations. However, I regret getting rid of the valve. In comfort I find the sound (whether you want to call it drone or not everyone has a different definition) when in the 1800-2k range on the highway slightly annoying. There are also times I wish I could just take the volume down one more notch. Again these complaints are for 10% of situations since I'm nearly always in Sport mode which doesn't have me in these RPM ranges and I obviously want the sound at those times - but if I were buying again I would have gone with a valved exhaust, likely HKS, FI, or Magnaflow.

rowdy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Renaissance Red 2.0 A90 Supra 3.0L
My two cents. I have MAP catted downpipe (basically AA it is 400 cell) plus AWE resonated touring. I love the sound, especially in sport, in 90% of situations. However, I regret getting rid of the valve. In comfort I find the sound (whether you want to call it drone or not everyone has a different definition) when in the 1800-2k range on the highway slightly annoying. There are also times I wish I could just take the volume down one more notch. Again these complaints are for 10% of situations since I'm nearly always in Sport mode which doesn't have me in these RPM ranges and I obviously want the sound at those times - but if I were buying again I would have gone with a valved exhaust, likely HKS, FI, or Magnaflow.
Thank you for that insight! Really helpful information! HKS was my other option for exhaust setup.
Sponsored