B58 JB Plus Quick Install Tuner ....

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Yes I do . It’s the AMS one. On the stock one the sensor seats a little closer to the throttle body . For some reason the AMS one sits lower!!
Yeah, the sensor position isn't super important. it's the not-round sensor on the CP. The round one is a temp sensor. You want the square-ish one.
Sponsored

3TMagnetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 premium
I think I am going to get the JB+ looks like everyone is enjoying the simple mod. I have a 2021 does the power deliver pull all the way to redline. How is the drivability??? Also has anyone tracked their cars with this mod???

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I think I am going to get the JB+ looks like everyone is enjoying the simple mod. I have a 2021 does the power deliver pull all the way to redline. How is the drivability??? Also has anyone tracked their cars with this mod???
JB+ increase boost pressure pretty steadily. You'll get ~4psi of increase across the band.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
What @zrk said. I have a JB+ on my untunable 2021 and it's been great. Definitely makes the car a bit quicker and there's no mucking about with settings. Since it's a static boost increase across the power band, it doesn't hurt drivability at all. I have put my car on both the track (NCM) and the drag strip with the JB+ installed. Never had any issues related to its installation. What specifically do you want to know about the mod and tracking?

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
I just installed one and made a review video. Longer term testing needed but I'm happy with it so far!

Though I've switched over to ECUTEK and a Pure800, the JB+ is still my favorite bang for the buck mod due to the instant increase in power, its ease of use, and retaining the factory warranty.

Bassoonytoon

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nitro Yellow / 2017 86 Special Editio
Though I've switched over to ECUTEK and a Pure800, the JB+ is still my favorite bang for the buck mod due to the instant increase in power, its ease of use, and retaining the factory warranty.
Gah… I’m so conflicted. Every time I think I’m going to get and install one of these, someone here says how they’re not worth it, will blow up my car, or bring about a universal apocalypse the likes of which mankind has never seen before!

Then once I’ve decided not to get it, someone comes on and says how awesome they are.

Is there any real risk of running this with an otherwise stock setup until a local unlock is available for 2021’s? I’m not looking for crazy power right now. ~400hp would be great for me.

CarGuy11

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra Prem/Assist DS Blue, '16 C7, '22 Mach-E
TBH I was worried as well and had issues with tunes on other vehicles. I don't feel any hesitation or stumbles when accelerating which is a good sign. I did do a data log with my OBD scanner and I saw just below 20psi boost and around 14ish a/f ratio. I'm confused about the 20psi unless its really 20psi-4 for 16psi which would make sense on my 2020. Anyone else do any data logging with the JB Plus installed?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
Is there any real risk of running this with an otherwise stock setup until a local unlock is available for 2021’s? I’m not looking for crazy power right now. ~400hp would be great for me.
No not really, I've got a JB4 on mine since last June and haven't had any issues. Never went above Map2 (+4 PSI, IIRC) until I got a custom map6 done last week.

I say go full JB4. The out-of-the-box logging and extra customizability is worth the extra money spent. I can also swap maps from the JB4 app as opposed to having to manually adjust a dial. Not to mention working with @Jesse DaBears to get the custom map 6 which made power delivery much smoother than a flat boost bump.

The estimate for my car is ~430 whp with the map6 (pump 91 --> 92 oct here in WA state) and an AA catted dp.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^^Can you share your max boost and a/f ratio with the Map 2 tune?
I don't have map 2 pulls, but I do have some map1 pulls from 30-80 mph. AFR is around 14.5 on WOT, and boost was peaking around 19 PSI there. Checking through my map6 on 3rd gear pulls, AFR is largely the same and boost peaked around 21.5 PSI.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The biggest callout is that even with a static boost setting like maps 1 or 2, the boost readings were very peaky.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^^^ Ok thanks seems consistent with mine. Did Burger say why the high boost readings? I was thinking maybe 4psi should be subtracted from the readings?
Never reached out to Burger for the high boost readings, but I did see some old threads that state stock boost is 12 PSI. All the readings seem consistent with subtracting 4 PSI to get the amt of boost actually being achieved.
Sponsored