Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Alright, how the f do I get the f'ing clip open on the MAP sensor side of the wire ?
Just use a small flat screw driver to lift/pop up the grey clip and then squeeze and pull up.

638E15BD-DD98-4F21-9ED6-44FC762AB161.jpeg
Sponsored

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Just use a small flat screw driver to lift/pop up the grey clip and then squeeze and pull up.

638E15BD-DD98-4F21-9ED6-44FC762AB161.jpeg
Just so I'm clear, I use a screwdriver to pull the white plastic piece up (per the orientation of this picture - it seems to click when it extends out), then squeeze said white plastic piece against the body of the plug and pull? How much force should I have to apply? They usually take a lot to get out then first time?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Just so I'm clear, I use a screwdriver to pull the white plastic piece up (per the orientation of this picture - it seems to click when it extends out), then squeeze said white plastic piece against the body of the plug and pull? How much force should I have to apply? They usually take a lot to get out then first time?
Not a ton? White clip goes up and clicks, then just pull/wiggle it out.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Not a ton? White clip goes up and clicks, then just pull/wiggle it out.
Thanks. I'll give it a whirl today. Is it the one that's in the vertical or horizontal position? I thought it was the one in the horizontal position (on the left of the two right next to each other) based on the instructions, but the picture above has me second guessing myself. May just be the perspective that pic was taken, though. Anyone have a pic of it installed on their car?

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Alright, how the f do I get the f'ing clip open on the MAP sensor side of the wire so I can f'ing install the f'ing JB+? I walked out to the garage and was like "cool a 2min car project" and struggled with the damn clip for 20mins and never got it open. :p
Mine was the same way. It seems there was something wrong with it. The connection on the other end worked perfectly - simply pulled the clip up, squeeze and pull right out - but the TMAP connector would not budge. After 15 or 20 minutes of pushing, pulling, and squeezing it finally released but the clip was obviously defective. When I reconnected it the clip came out completely and fell into the bottom of the engine never to be seen again. I'm now using a small black cable tie to make sure they stay connected.

OP
OP
Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I’ve had mine in for about a week… and I must say I’m throughly impressed. Indeed a seat of the pants difference in the performance (great money spent for only $200!). The car pulls harder without a doubt. Also it’s more enjoyable in normal mode… for it has the added punch that was needed with the enhance boost from the JB Plus.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I’ve had mine in for about a week… and I must say I’m throughly impressed. Indeed a seat of the pants difference in the performance (great money spent for only $200!). The car pulls harder without a doubt. Also it’s more enjoyable in normal mode… for it has the added punch that was needed with the enhance boost from the JB Plus.
I will echo this sentiment. My initial impression after about an hour drive after installation is that it definitely pulls harder. I could feel this mostly when initiating a pass when starting midway up the tach in 3rd, 4th, or 5th gear. You can feel the boost build and the car just whips you around whatever you're passing. So, butt dyno approved, but will reserve full judgement until I spend a bit more time with it - apparently as the car "learns" with the new piece in it, it should only get better (just what I've read - no idea if it's true). For the money, until a full unlock for the untunable '21s are available, this seems like a good upgrade.

slobra300

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra Premium
I will echo this sentiment. My initial impression after about an hour drive after installation is that it definitely pulls harder. I could feel this mostly when initiating a pass when starting midway up the tach in 3rd, 4th, or 5th gear. You can feel the boost build and the car just whips you around whatever you're passing. So, butt dyno approved, but will reserve full judgement until I spend a bit more time with it - apparently as the car "learns" with the new piece in it, it should only get better (just what I've read - no idea if it's true). For the money, until a full unlock for the untunable '21s are available, this seems like a good upgrade.
Happy with mine while I wait for the unlock!

DGM808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I'm interested in the JB+ since my ECU is locked as well ? , for those that had it for awhile, did the check engine light or any problems appeared?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm interested in the JB+ since my ECU is locked as well ? , for those that had it for awhile, did the check engine light or any problems appeared?
You'll be fine with a JB+