B58 JB Plus Quick Install Tuner ....

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Alcohol tends to cool things down in addition to the obvious knock resistance. I figured there are gains to be had as long as there is headroom on the fueling side. Nice to hear you used 3 gallons without an issue. You must have had close to E30 in there. I will let someone else do the math.
1:3 gal ratio - ethanol to gas is around e25-e30. Yes it works well with JB+. Owners manual says E25 is completely fine.
Sponsored

Andrew__a90

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium Nitro Yellow
I live in WV and have been pretty much everywhere in the state. Not sure why youā€™d have trouble finding 93? I donā€™t recall ever seeing a station where it wasnā€™t offered.
I used to live in Milton so on the drive up on the border between West Virginia and Virginia thereā€™s like a total dead zone with no 93 pumps. Everywhere else in WV is fine though.

Syeeee

First Name
Sye
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR 3.0 Premium
Will going catless or catted cause overboost issues on jb+?

RyanA90

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
ā€˜23 Supra A91-MT Burnout

Bug2th

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF, 1998 GSX
Had the jb+ up to a few weeks ago with AA catted dp. Didnā€™t have it set to max since only using 91 octane and no eblend. had a bit more oomph and felt good but decided to get the Fuel-It! in-line and jb4 since I can get e85 relatively easy. Got it around e35 and just using map 4 makes a huge difference. Still going to get a tune - just waiting for optimal weather.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Itā€™s a bump. I think it is noticeable as does most. Itā€™s so easy and cheap definitely worth it. I wish E85 was easier to get. I think it would be great in combo with JB+. As mentioned on many threads up to E25 is OK per our manuals. I would like to add an air box extension to the high pressure zone in the bumper as well. The limitation with the JB+ is that the our ECU will just pull timing or boost if things get too hot. I would bet this happens more than we would guess.

Last edited:

66joeyn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler 2023 Supra
Itā€™s a bump. I think it is noticeable as does most. Itā€™s so easy and cheap definitely worth it. I wish E85 was easier to get. I think it would be great in combo with JB+. As mentioned on many threads up to E25 is OK per our manuals. I would like to add an air box extension to the high pressure zone in the bumper as well. The limitation with the JB+ is that the our ECU will just pull timing or boost if things get too hot. I would bet this happens more than we would guess.
Thank you. I donā€™t know much about e25, but I have seen some e85 pumps around me, but the last thing I want to do is mess up my car. I will start looking into the jb+, thank you so much for your help.

ColonelAdama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2015 GTI
Thank you. I donā€™t know much about e25, but I have seen some e85 pumps around me, but the last thing I want to do is mess up my car. I will start looking into the jb+, thank you so much for your help.
E25 is a blend. It is approximately 2-3 gallons of E85 mixed in with your pump gas.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Pump gas is E10 for the most part. If you add E85 to E10 at the right proportion you get E25. The burn characteristics of ethanol are such that is is a great fuel for performance applications. Burns cooler much less prone to detonation. You won't screw p your engine. Actually it is a little insurance when you are adding boost like the JB+ does.

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2023 Toyota Supra
Does it feel like a decent bump in power and do you have any other mods?
Definitely noticeable and worth the money. The only other thing I have aside from the Jb+ is an ARK DTS exhaust. I've been considering upgrading to jb4 but I read some stuff about some people not liking the power delivery from it..? I enjoy the Jb+ and the way the car feels so not sure if I'll upgrade

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Definitely noticeable and worth the money. The only other thing I have aside from the Jb+ is an ARK DTS exhaust. I've been considering upgrading to jb4 but I read some stuff about some people not liking the power delivery from it..? I enjoy the Jb+ and the way the car feels so not sure if I'll upgrade
I started on a conservative 2pm setting for a few months and then went up to the 3pm setting more recently. I really can't fault the JB+ to be honest: Reasonable little bump for minimal cost and fuss. MT running 93 (98RON) exclusively.

And while it might just be placebo, in Sport mode with the AWE touring exhaust, it seems to burble more too. šŸ˜ƒ
Sponsored