B58 JB Plus Quick Install Tuner ....

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
Just got to work and will test the replacement JB+. Parked the car, popped the hood and locked the doors. Going to wait 30 minutes before the install. I will post the results ASAP.
Sponsored

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
Let's hope the replacement unit is a success. Did you adjust the dial and what octane gas are you using?

I've been driving my A91 Supra extra hard lately to try and get a code to pop up and the JB+ continues to work as it should. The dial on my unit is turned to the 4:30 position (slightly below max boost setting).

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Let's hope the replacement unit is a success. Did you adjust the dial and what octane gas are you using?

I've been driving my A91 Supra extra hard lately to try and get a code to pop up and the JB+ continues to work as it should. The dial on my unit is turned to the 4:30 position (slightly below max boost setting).
Checked this one before the install and this one was set at 3:00. I am going to keep it at this setting due to Cali gas being 91 Octane. 30 minutes is up and hopefully the new unit works.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok same results. Check engine light and car felt under powered. I know the sports display is far from a dyno but I turned it on during my test drive and saw that car was making only 286 HP at WOT. Usually this screen would say 386-387ish. This thing is getting taken off in 30 minutes and returned to BMS.

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
That's a shame. It's strange that some 2021 Supras aren't accepting the JB+ without throwing codes and some are working as intended.

Do you have a locked ECU? If so, I wonder if there's a safeguard or something within the ECU detecting the altered signal from the JB+. My A91 Supra has the unlocked ECU and is also using 93 octane for reference.

Sounds like you'll be upgrading to a JB4!

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's a shame. It's strange that some 2021 Supras aren't accepting the JB+ without throwing codes and some are working as intended.

Do you have a locked ECU? If so, I wonder if there's a safeguard or something within the ECU detecting the altered signal from the JB+. My A91 Supra has the unlocked ECU and is also using 93 octane for reference.

Sounds like you'll be upgrading to a JB4!
Nope not messing around with anything under the hood. This whole experience has turned me off on engine mods.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ok - Terry at BMS thinks its a hardware issue with newer Supras. Once again my build date is 9/20. Is their anyone with a similar build date using a JB+ and not running into check engine lights?

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Nope not messing around with anything under the hood. This whole experience has turned me off on engine mods.
Me either. My experience is the same as yours and my ECU is also locked - 7/2/20. BMS also wanted me to try another one and said sometimes there are "duds" but I'm not screwing with the engine (for a while anyway) based on how the car reacted. Mine went back yesterday.

The car is plenty fast as is although 40 to 50HP for $200 was too good to not try. This is the first turbo car I've owned and it took a lot more cash than that to get 40-50 more HP in all of my previous V8s.

I'm curious to see if BMS charges me the 20% restock fee...

Bacon2121

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I've experienced the same exact thing on my JB+ I received just last week. After a quick reply from BMS, it appears that a batch of these didn't complete a firmware update. I guess that's quality control issue?
scary, but they're sending me a replacement. I kinda think I may not go further and return. Any other experiences out there?

OP
OP
Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
After a quick reply from BMS, it appears that a batch of these didn't complete a firmware update. I guess that's quality control issue?
Keep us updated please.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I've experienced the same exact thing on my JB+ I received just last week. After a quick reply from BMS, it appears that a batch of these didn't complete a firmware update. I guess that's quality control issue?
scary, but they're sending me a replacement. I kinda think I may not go further and return. Any other experiences out there?
I got the same response from BMS. Iā€™ll give this thing one more try. Iā€™ll post my results when I get the replacement. Truth be told I am expecting the same results.

Chizadyo

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium Tungsten Silver

I can second this experience, JB+ should arrive Saturday. Let's hope for the best.

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
Ok - Terry at BMS thinks its a hardware issue with newer Supras. Once again my build date is 9/20. Is their anyone with a similar build date using a JB+ and not running into check engine lights?
sorry to read about your problems with the JB4!

I have the JB4 w/Bluetooth and EWG cable on my A91 06/20 production and didnā€™t have this problem.

Only complaint I have is the support from Burger is very slow and lack of feed back with log reviews.
Sponsored