max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Only complaint I have is the support from Burger is very slow and lack of feed back with log reviews.
May I ask where are you posting your logs?
Sponsored

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Terry and crew over there should be responding in good time if not already. Just came off the forum and several log posters were getting responses in an hour.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
I've experienced the same exact thing on my JB+ I received just last week. After a quick reply from BMS, it appears that a batch of these didn't complete a firmware update. I guess that's quality control issue?
scary, but they're sending me a replacement. I kinda think I may not go further and return. Any other experiences out there?
Any luck getting yours to work? They just shipped my unit today. I had to email them about not receiving the replacement.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
Ok just got my third replacement today and will try this thing for the last time. Car is locked with the hood open. I will give and update in 30 minutes.

Update - JB+ worked as advertised. No check engine light and car pulls harder. Biggest thing I noticed was the cars back end gets loose way easier. All the peps with the same issue's as me should give the JB+ another shot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Andrew4Supra

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Ok just got my third replacement today and will try this thing for the last time. Car is locked with the hood open. I will give and update in 30 minutes.

Update - JB+ worked as advertised. No check engine light and car pulls harder. Biggest thing I noticed was the cars back end gets loose way easier. All the peps with the same issue's as me should give the JB+ another shot.
~ great to hear!

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0

What setting are you on? Any driveability issues...hesitation...delayed shifts?

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
3:00pm setting. No hesitation or delayed shifts.
Good to hear that you finally got a working JB+unit. The stock tires being able to break loose at 60mph with 3rd gear pulls is lots of fun and a noticeable difference over stock.

My unit is dialed in to the 4:30 position (a smidge below the max boost setting) and there's been no CEL for me since the install a few months back.

Reactions: max

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium

That is great to hear and I must admit I am being pulled in again by the possibility of 40 ish more HP for a couple hundred bucks. That's an incredible bang for buck value. I think I'll wait a little longer and check back in with you again. Assuming all is still good, I may change my mind and give it another shot.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
I've had pretty clear hardware issues with my JB4, switching to weird map numbers and it's never been able to make noticeable power without hesitation or some other nasty side effect. The product is clearly not ready for prime time or I just have a rare bad board in mine.

The JB4 also isn't a plug 'n play piggyback. Even the basic 1-3 maps need tweaking, and you have to learn cryptic settings like "wastegate duty cycle", FF, etc and test them out. I've got a guy helping me and after a solid 30+ logs we still can't get it to operate smoothly. Burger motorsports would help but they're probably getting 100+ log review requests a day so they can't help dial you in.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
So, I was looking around on the BMS site today and I noticed there is now a separate JB+ listing specifically, and only, for a 2020+ Supra. When I ordered my defective unit it was a general B38/B46/B48/B58 listing and then you selected "all BMW models except X1, X2, and Mini (three wires)". I wonder if the new Supra only listing means something was corrected/changed/modified due to the issues several of us had?

Regardless, seeing a new Supra specific listing combined with the recent success with replacement units made me change my mind and give it another try. Just completed the order. I will update (with hopefully good news) in a few days...

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
So, I was looking around on the BMS site today and I noticed there is now a separate JB+ listing specifically, and only, for a 2020+ Supra. When I ordered my defective unit it was a general B38/B46/B48/B58 listing and then you selected "all BMW models except X1, X2, and Mini (three wires)". I wonder if the new Supra only listing means something was corrected/changed/modified due to the issues several of us had?

Regardless, seeing a new Supra specific listing combined with the recent success with replacement units made me change my mind and give it another try. Just completed the order. I will update (with hopefully good news) in a few days...
The new JB+ arrived yesterday. So far, so good. No check engine light and the car runs the same as always in normal driving but pulls noticeably harder under WOT. It's not a hit of nitrous different but it is enough that I can feel a significant difference. Very happy with it now. I think the claim of around 40 additional wheel horsepower is pretty accurate.
Sponsored