iND-Distribution

Gold Sponsor
First Name
iND
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
As has been mentioned already, quality of the cat is extremely important, both for performance, but also what isn't mentioned much is longevity. The best catalytic converters are made by HJS and GESI. We're big fans of the AMS downpipe; it uses an EPA-certified GESI cat with a brand new substrate wash formulated for new car emission requirements. It is not an off-the-shelf GESI cat.

AMSPerformanceA90SupraStainlessCattedDownpipe_6_1024x1024.jpg

AMSPerformanceA90SupraStainlessCattedDownpipe_5_1024x1024.jpg

AMSPerformanceA90SupraStainlessCattedDownpipe_8_1024x1024.jpg
Sponsored

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
As has been mentioned already, quality of the cat is extremely important, both for performance, but also what isn't mentioned much is longevity. The best catalytic converters are made by HJS and GESI. We're big fans of the AMS downpipe; it uses an EPA-certified GESI cat with a brand new substrate wash formulated for new car emission requirements. It is not an off-the-shelf GESI cat.

AMSPerformanceA90SupraStainlessCattedDownpipe_6_1024x1024.jpg

AMSPerformanceA90SupraStainlessCattedDownpipe_5_1024x1024.jpg

AMSPerformanceA90SupraStainlessCattedDownpipe_8_1024x1024.jpg
Any specific differences between this and AA? I live in area with echecks and need that piece of paper that says EPA approved.. plus a story to go along with it !

AA and AMS are only 2 I’ve seen with the EPA approval

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Any specific differences between this and AA? I live in area with echecks and need that piece of paper that says EPA approved.. plus a story to go along with it !

I believe its a different part number for the GESI cat but performance, sound and reliability with CEL is the same as far as i can tell

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette

CG Precision is 49 state legal and highest flowing.

shownfu

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
To avoid potential annoyances with a catless I'll be going catted. Looking at the powerneedy. Based off pics, it looks very similar to the ams, and uses the same cat; at a lower price point.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
To avoid potential annoyances with a catless I'll be going catted. Looking at the powerneedy. Based off pics, it looks very similar to the ams, and uses the same cat; at a lower price point.
I do not think you can go wrong with any downpipe thats proven to fit and comes with a no CEL guarantee. If the cats do not throw a CEL, that means they are superior quality. Active Autowerke & CG are the most popular for us because they compare to more expensive brands in terms of quality and fitment at a much lower price

Phantom Grey Supra

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019’ Yamaha R1m —2020 F450—2021 Supra 3.0 —1999 silverado 4x4–1997 Husqvarna CR250– 2012 VW Jetta GLI TDI conversion
I found the dyno runs on your insta thanks bro
It will be on my IG @tuned_by_payn

I’ll try to put a link here also...

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
Does the diameter at the start matter that much? See things claim higher flow due to being wider at the start, but if it eventually reduces to 3.15" / 80mm, that should still be the constraint, no?

So far looks like only the Wagner (3.5" w/ removable adaptor for 3.15") or ETS Pro (4") are end-to-end any wider than 3.15". Of course this only matters if fitting an aftermarket exhaust, seems like plenty of those have 3.5" connections.

The Red Star seems really similar to the AA, but has that nice option for insulation.
https://redstarexhaustusa.com/home/...nverter-gesi_300cpsi/34-heatshield-heatshield

Considering the Red Star, Wagner, or CG now.

65sohc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
65 GTO, 69 Corvette, 65 Corvette 427, 23 Corvette
That Red Star looks really interesting. I've never seen an insulated dp before.

Cruzinbill

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Supra
Does the diameter at the start matter that much? See things claim higher flow due to being wider at the start, but if it eventually reduces to 3.15" / 80mm, that should still be the constraint, no?

So far looks like only the Wagner (3.5" w/ removable adaptor for 3.15") or ETS Pro (4") are end-to-end any wider than 3.15". Of course this only matters if fitting an aftermarket exhaust, seems like plenty of those have 3.5" connections.

The Red Star seems really similar to the AA, but has that nice option for insulation.
https://redstarexhaustusa.com/home/...nverter-gesi_300cpsi/34-heatshield-heatshield

Considering the Red Star, Wagner, or CG now.
Well I was pretty interested in the Red Star piece but after being on the website it seems kind of like a shady deal. Quite high shipping and no option to choose a payment method from what I saw. If there was a US distributor for them I would probably get it though.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Well I was pretty interested in the Red Star piece but after being on the website it seems kind of like a shady deal. Quite high shipping and no option to choose a payment method from what I saw. If there was a US distributor for them I would probably get it though.
Their insta says that they are based out of Russia sooo that would make the shipping costs higher than usual, if they ship from there for some reason. Not sure how I feel about buying their product but it certainly looks good. Also, their main page doesn't mention the Supra at all (only US page does it seems).

Edit* seems like they do ship from overseas. From their website - "Our shop and warehouse are far away from our customers based in the US, Canada, UAE, EU and you must wait for international delivery."
Sponsored