Best straightline go fast mods until 2023 is tunable?

CarNut

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cayman 718, Mustang GT, F-150
Just picked up a 2023 3.0 Premium in nocturnal. Awesome car! Other fun car is a 750 rwhp 2020 Mustang PP2. New to the supra/bmw scene and would like some input as to the best straighline speed mods that I can do before someone figures out how to tune the 2023's. Downpipe, exhaust, wheels/tires and supsension? Is that the best route to go for a platform to build on once a tune is available? How would you spend $5,000? Pic just because... thanks.

supra.jpg
Sponsored

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Hate to break it to you but 5k isn't going to go real far for quality stuff. Might want to double that.

$3500 - wheels and tires
$3500 - coilovers
$1000 - down pipe
$1000 - jb4 with Jesse tune
$1000 - like 2 spl suspension parts

Yep there is 10k already.

OP
OP

CarNut

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hate to break it to you but 5k isn't going to go real far for quality stuff. Might want to double that.

$3500 - wheels and tires
$3500 - coilovers
$1000 - down pipe
$1000 - jb4 with Jesse tune
$1000 - like 2 spl suspension parts

Yep there is 10k already.
I should have added that i already have the jb4 and jesse tune purchased.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
5k id go pure 800 / cts and get retuned

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
I should have added that i already have the jb4 and jesse tune purchased.
You can spend as much as you want, none of us know where that limit is for you.

Assuming your 5k as your limit AND only concerned with straight line speed AND you've already purchased the JB4 and Tune? Then it's tires and downpipe. Then look into meth injection to take advantage of eXX fuel options -- you probably get away with charge pipe/throttle body vs. port injection until you can get unlocked ECU.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

Assuming your 5k as your limit AND only concerned with straight line speed AND you've already purchased the JB4 and Tune? Then it's tires and downpipe. Then look into meth injection to take advantage of eXX fuel options -- you probably get away with charge pipe/throttle body vs. port injection until you can get unlocked ECU.
Yes.

OP
OP

CarNut

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Thanks for the reply. JB4 and jesse tune arent included in the 5k budget. Trying to figure out how much it will cost to bump me up to the next level of straightline fun. Throwing 5k out as a budget to see where that could take me power/speed wise.

OP
OP

CarNut

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Purchase my meth kit to go with your JB4 โ—กฬˆ
How much HP does a meth kit, jb4 and jesse tune add without other mods?

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Trying to figure out how much it will cost to bump me up to the next level of straightline fun.
Understood. The late 2021 and beyond has two paths.

1 path requires a tune. This requires you to find a donor ECU from a 2020 or early 2021, send off to get your ECU cloned on to donor, get the bench unlock on the donor, finally get a tune (which requires hardware, license, and the tuner's time as well as some dyno time). When you do this -- you are free to open the B58 to its true glory. You are at $5k before you've increased 1 hp. Several forum members report Hp at the wheel north of 800 with big turbos, port injection with more fuel, using a power adder (like ethanol from e85), catless dp etc.. These numbers bring in need for new transmissions, diffs, axels, etc.. All of this requires BOTH a big pocketbook and a strong stomach for reliability. If this is a daily driver or you can't afford to have a $60k car sitting around broken then this isn't the route for you.

2nd path is with the piggy back boost controller type tune (JB4 is one example). With downpipe, e85 (use a blend like e35-e40), methanol, and tune you get into the 500s. If you skip the methanol (it's another thing to worry about, is the tank full, is there enough to get me to where I want to go, etc..) then you have to cut back on the e blend (like skip it all together) and you can get high 400s.

Things i would skip are the air intakes and mufflers (simply noise makers on the JB4 path), suspension upgrades (unelss its just to lower it, lower is better), big wings, etc..

Regarding wheels -- i'm not sure when the drag pack becomes necessary. It's kind of sexy even if you don't need it; no judgement from me.

How much does all this cost? Depends on how much, if any, you do yourself or pay a shop golden time to do it. It's easily $5k and all the way up to a small home.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

1 path requires a tune. This requires you to find a donor ECU from a 2020 or early 2021, send off to get your ECU cloned on to donor, get the bench unlock on the donor, finally get a tune (which requires hardware, license, and the tuner's time as well as some dyno time). When you do this -- you are free to open the B58 to its true glory. You are at $5k before you've increased 1 hp. Several forum members report Hp at the wheel north of 800 with big turbos, port injection with more fuel, using a power adder (like ethanol from e85), catless dp etc.. These numbers bring in need for new transmissions, diffs, axels, etc.. All of this requires BOTH a big pocketbook and a strong stomach for reliability. If this is a daily driver or you can't afford to have a $60k car sitting around broken then this isn't the route for you.

2nd path is with the piggy back boost controller type tune (JB4 is one example). With downpipe, e85 (use a blend like e35-e40), methanol, and tune you get into the 500s. If you skip the methanol (it's another thing to worry about, is the tank full, is there enough to get me to where I want to go, etc..) then you have to cut back on the e blend (like skip it all together) and you can get high 400s.

Things i would skip are the air intakes and mufflers (simply noise makers on the JB4 path), suspension upgrades (unelss its just to lower it, lower is better), big wings, etc..

Regarding wheels -- i'm not sure when the drag pack becomes necessary. It's kind of sexy even if you don't need it; no judgement from me.

How much does all this cost? Depends on how much, if any, you do yourself or pay a shop golden time to do it. It's easily $5k and all the way up to a small home.
This post is sort of right, but not completely.

Ignoring Piggy Back Stuff.

1 path requires a tune. This requires you to find a donor ECU from a 2020 or early 2021,
Tuning does not require a Donor ECU and Clone. You can unlock the ECU you have, but are limited on your tuning options. You cannot use Ecutek, you can't use Reflex, no port injection, no flex, no map switching, no big turbo. But if you want to max out power on the stock fuel system, you can absolutely do that with just a tune.

The donor ECU does not have to be from a supra. About a year ago, I posted a table that listed all of the compatible BMW ECUs. You can find that post here.

You are at $5k before you've increased 1 hp.
It does not have to be this expensive. The unlock only lands at around 1500-1800 bucks or so, depending on if you do it yourself or if you have a third-party like Visconti or GTP do it for you.

I recently wrote a post about this as well, you can find it here.

is there enough to get me to where I want to go,
Common misconception about meth here, but if you stay out of boost, it doesn't even spray. Mine has almost certainly never sprayed on the street. For me, it turns on at around 12-13psi, and full sprays at 25psi.

i'm not sure when the drag pack becomes necessary.
When you over power the tires you have. I was on a drag pack when I was on JB4/Meth/E40. A drag pack is always helpful if you don't have traction at the strip.

It's easily $5k and all the way up to a small home.
Yes. I just eclipsed 100k on the build (plus the car), and it's still slow. Little more to go here, and it'll be in the 8s. But with that, at those power levels, you need to be able to afford to do it again. Shit breaks at high HP.