Bimmercode Question

10ICTXN

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 White
So I was going to look into using this guide (https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bimmercode-user-guide.6429/) so I can disable the fake piped in exhaust sound. I'm comfortable with wrenching but not so much with messing with software. For those that have used bimmercode to change settings, have you encountered problems, do you have any regrets? It sounds fairly easy / straightforward but just want to check, I don't want to mess up my new car.

Thanks for any response.
Sponsored

adhrutledge

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
I am the least tech savvy person there is and it was super easy to do. I have the 2.0 so kept the active sound design for now though because it is too quiet as is stock. One of the changes through a CEL, but went away after one cycle. No problems since.

wolf_kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 GR Supra, 1996 NA Miata, 2014 Camry SE
So I was going to look into using this guide (https://www.supramkv.com/threads/bimmercode-user-guide.6429/) so I can disable the fake piped in exhaust sound. I'm comfortable with wrenching but not so much with messing with software. For those that have used bimmercode to change settings, have you encountered problems, do you have any regrets? It sounds fairly easy / straightforward but just want to check, I don't want to mess up my new car.

Thanks for any response.
I would say totally worth it! you could do so much with it also. there a thread here that talks about other things theyve done. its also a pretty straight through process.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
It’s very simple to use and there are plenty of good videos on how to set it up. The best part is that you can undo any changes with the automatic backups it creates.

I removed the fake piped in sound (active sound design) but added it back after a few days.

The reason was because I installed Dynamat and Mass Loaded Vinyl to reduce road noise. Well this removed my exhaust sound in the cabin as well.

So I actually enjoy the fake exhaust sound now. ?

-RJM

OP
OP

10ICTXN

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 White
Bimmercode is actually pretty safe. Follow the directions about turning on Airplane Mode, fully charged battery, etc, and it will be just fine.
Does it actually take that long that battery charge is an issue?

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
The nice part about Bimmercode is it stores previous settings and you could, with a tap, revert back, without even diving into each setting you've changed.
I got into a friend's Supra and had forgotten what it was like to have all the annoying chimes, dim screen, etc. To each their own but considering we're not tampering with system parameters outside of the one's available to us, I'm less concerned. Follow instructions and all the many tutorials online.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Does it actually take that long that battery charge is an issue?
It doesn’t if you know what you want to change. Sometimes it takes a while if you’re testing features by turning them on and off. I was in there a good hour the other day tinkering with it and trying different modes.

-RJM

Reactions: zrk

BlackSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
I turned off the fake exhaust sound, changed the chime to something less annoying, turned off engine autostop, stopped the right mirror from tilting down. I have no issues with it at all, it's the first "mod" I did, got it pretty much when the car was brand new.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I turned off the fake exhaust sound, changed the chime to something less annoying, turned off engine autostop, stopped the right mirror from tilting down. I have no issues with it at all, it's the first "mod" I did, got it pretty much when the car was brand new.
I did exactly this. + Also disabled the seatbelt warnings (I wear my seatbelt, I just hate it yelling at me, I'm an adult), and did the auto-seat heater thing that @CarGuy11 has, and Sport mode on start up/default.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I did exactly this. + Also disabled the seatbelt warnings (I wear my seatbelt, I just hate it yelling at me, I'm an adult), and did the auto-seat heater thing that @CarGuy11 has, and Sport mode on start up/default.
Auto seat heater thing?

Reactions: zrk

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000

I made a video coding my car with a few additional fixes for the headunit as well. I've done this with my M2 Competition as well. Its super easy to do and very easy to reverse.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I made a video coding my car with a few additional fixes for the headunit as well. I've done this with my M2 Competition as well. Its super easy to do and very easy to reverse.
Your car is is looking legit. Those wheels look good with the blue.

-RJM
Sponsored