Bimmerlink vs Bimmercode?

dragonhunter241

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
What’s the difference between the 2 and what can do or what’s the best thing to do with each app on your Supra?
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
man, can't you just google it? and then search in the forum?
https://www.bimmerlink.app/
https://bimmercode.app/
Scroll down to see screenshots in the websites..

in short,
Bimmer Link let's say is for OBD diagnostics. on-the-fly changes.
Bimmer Code, is for coding certain things. Supra is limited to like 10 variables that's frequently used by forum members. Has a lot more expert settings, highly doubtful you'll venture into those..

If you're procrastinating on buying one, get the Code.

1609780444106.png

Drifter

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I was wondering the same thing. I only wanted to increase the brightness of the screen and turnoff the ASD. All the posts I saw used Bimmercode to do both of those things so that's what I bought. Worked great with only one unintended consequence. It wiped out my assigned radio channels.

black_sedan

First Name
BR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 Supra, Ford Raptor
I was wondering the same thing. I only wanted to increase the brightness of the screen and turnoff the ASD. All the posts I saw used Bimmercode to do both of those things so that's what I bought. Worked great with only one unintended consequence. It wiped out my assigned radio channels.
Nice to see another member from Jax around here. :thumbsup:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Agreed.. especially when they add shit that should've been there from day one when we paid for the software to begin with. 💁‍♂️
What is it that you do for work that you're willing to give away for free, because you did something similar once?

I'm a software engineer, that shit takes time. The functionality is clearly different and took time to design, engineer, test, and release.

It "should have been there from day one" is the most entitled bullshit I've ever fucking heard. No one owe you anything, stop acting like it.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
What is it that you do for work that you're willing to give away for free, because you did something similar once?

I'm a software engineer, that shit takes time. The functionality is clearly different and took time to design, engineer, test, and release.

It "should have been there from day one" is the most entitled bullshit I've ever fucking heard. No one owe you anything, stop acting like it.
While I understand where you are coming, and there was at least some facetious to my comment, in my line of work, 90% of what I do is literally unpaid and reliant upon my good will.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
While I understand where you are coming, and there was at least some facetious to my comment, in my line of work, 90% of what I do is literally unpaid and reliant upon my good will.
Then, honestly, stop doing it.