Blackvue DR900s-2CH Install Questions

jgoad13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #422
My wife and I purchased a Blackvue DR900s-2CH for both of our cars. Was wondering if anyone has found a good place for power yet? I saw one video on youtube where they went to the back of the fuse box, and carguy11 used a battery pack. Anyone else done the install with any dash cam?

I will make a how to when I get to installing them.
Sponsored

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Be sure to use the Blackvue battery pack to avoid problems with the car battery and ECU. You don't want the camera to pull any power from the car battery when the engine is off.

OP
OP
jgoad13

jgoad13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Be sure to use the Blackvue battery pack to avoid problems with the car battery and ECU. You don't want the camera to pull any power from the car battery when the engine is off.
I was told you only need the battery pack if you dont want to use car power at all. We purchased the Power Magic Box which allows you to set the camera to turn off if the battery reading equals a set voltage you select on the box.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I have info for you for everything. But what exactly did you get? Which battery pack and etc.

OP
OP
jgoad13

jgoad13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
I was told you only need the battery pack if you dont want to use car power at all. We purchased the Power Magic Box which allows you to set the camera to turn off if the battery reading equals a set voltage you select on the box.
As you read, this won't work on BMW/Supra, it will cause all sorts of problems, so battery packs are a must.

clementc

First Name
Clement
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition 117
My wife and I purchased a Blackvue DR900s-2CH for both of our cars. Was wondering if anyone has found a good place for power yet? I saw one video on youtube where they went to the back of the fuse box, and carguy11 used a battery pack. Anyone else done the install with any dash cam?

I will make a how to when I get to installing them.
Following! I'm looking at purchasing the Blackvue dashcam for my car as well, and a how to install video would definitely be helpful. Do let us know when it's up!