Bought my Supra today! Yay! Wait! What?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Did they program the new battery in the ECU?

If they did replace it, and they don’t program it, I read it can damage the battery.
~ I plan to take it in next week to address the battery. I’ll be certain to follow up with an update.
Sponsored

Neilswheel

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 2017 VW Tiguan
I hope it works out well for you. When I took delivery of the car the battery had an error code. I took it to the dealer and they replaced it. I have not had any significant problems with the car over the last year and a half. I've driven it almost daily and it has close to 8000 miles on. The car is very similar to the '89 944 T that I had. At this point in ownership of it, I had spent $600 x 2 for routine maintenance. I had replaced two tires at about $300 each. I had a new windshield at $1600.
So far in the Supra, the dealer did the oil change for free. I bought the two plastic add ons for the wind buffeting which cost $20. I reprogrammed the screen so it would be brighter and made it so it started in sport mode. That cost about $120. So I've been out about $140 dollars. It went in for two minor recalls that took less than an hour to do. I'm hoping this trend continues.

David232

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
I hope it works out well for you. When I took delivery of the car the battery had an error code. I took it to the dealer and they replaced it. I have not had any significant problems with the car over the last year and a half. I've driven it almost daily and it has close to 8000 miles on. The car is very similar to the '89 944 T that I had. At this point in ownership of it, I had spent $600 x 2 for routine maintenance. I had replaced two tires at about $300 each. I had a new windshield at $1600.
So far in the Supra, the dealer did the oil change for free. I bought the two plastic add ons for the wind buffeting which cost $20. I reprogrammed the screen so it would be brighter and made it so it started in sport mode. That cost about $120. So I've been out about $140 dollars. It went in for two minor recalls that took less than an hour to do. I'm hoping this trend continues.

David232

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
How did you get them to re-program where the screen stays brighter I can’t see mine at all during the day

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
How did you get them to re-program where the screen stays brighter I can’t see mine at all during the day
There's a recall and instructions for dealers to fix it. Alternatively you can use an app called BimmerCode to fix it. Search the forum.
Also register your vehicle/VIN at Toyotaowners.com and you can see recalls on your vin..

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
My car acts a little like the OP’s. But this only occurs when its cold and I try to get too aggressive with the gas. I let the car warm up for 3-5 mins. every start but if that temp gauge is still at the first hash mark I get the dead peddle. Its seems the ECU is over protective with it’s protocols. I guess its a good thing to protect the engine.

-RJM

DatBassTho

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ram 1500
Quite true. When I went in for my first oil change, the dealership didn't even have the Supra on my paperwork. The paperwork said "Toyota 86 service"

If it wasn't for the free maintenance, i'd either do the work myself, or take it to my brothers BMW dealership... atleast they know the engine much better.
OOF! That is rough. Luckily for me, the closest dealer is a toyota and BMW joint effort. They even share a service space.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
OOF! That is rough. Luckily for me, the closest dealer is a toyota and BMW joint effort. They even share a service space.
That's where I bought mine. Props to sales & service. All are fine and knowledgeable people! I believe this helped with initial transpo mode, calibration, gps activation, etc.

rev000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction
There's a recall and instructions for dealers to fix it. Alternatively you can use an app called BimmerCode to fix it. Search the forum.
Also register your vehicle/VIN at Toyotaowners.com and you can see recalls on your vin..
i can't seem to find the recall on toyota owners website, is there another way to find it? thanks so much

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

chenqiju

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda
~ ditto but I haven’t been back to the dealer yet (they scare me). I’ll get to it soon.

I’ll start by tipping the Supra tech $20 and share with him I’m ocd about my car... please add extra care if possible.

Sitting at 200 miles.

Drives fine with the idiot light on.
7A72B784-5643-4213-B050-A6A3E6FB0D57.jpeg
Have the exact same problem. Dealer told me it will go away. Will see how it goes

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Have the exact same problem. Dealer told me it will go away. Will see how it goes.
~ According to my BMW mechanic friend and the local Toyota dealer... this will have to be reset via the dealer through programming.

I didn’t get the impression the dash error would clear itself.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
[/QUOTE]
What the! I wish we had that going on where I live, you lucky duck!!