OP

FaTTy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Gr
So took it to Toyota. My options are seeing as how it's no longer doing it. Leave it for days while they "test" it. Or leave with it and hope it doesn't do it any more... I'm so frustrated

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
So took it to Toyota. My options are seeing as how it's no longer doing it. Leave it for days while they "test" it. Or leave with it and hope it doesn't do it any more... I'm so frustrated
I would take it home. I know this will be a pain but video record everytime you start it. When it happens explain on video what you are doing like I'm pushing the accerator pedal or I just put it in drive or reverse. That way you have video evidence of what is happening.

OP
OP

FaTTy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Gr
I would take it home. I know this will be a pain but video record everytime you start it. When it happens explain on video what you are doing like I'm pushing the accerator pedal or I just put it in drive or reverse. That way you have video evidence of what is happening.
This is what I'm gonna have to do!

Z4UPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
So like is says I bought my supra toady very nice 3.0 premium in grey. I'm happy! Parked it in the drive way for 3 to 4 hours. Went to put it into the garage. Started it let it idle for 45 secs. I wasn't trying race with it just put it into the garage. Took it out of park. Into reverse. Car dies. I'm like wait what? Start the car again. Put it in reverse and step on the gas it dies again. At this point I'm a little mad to say the least. Now I restart it plant my foot on the floor and it putters like it's dieing to 1000 ram and dies again. Now I'm super pissed like I just bought this piece of ****. Finally start it get it backed into the garage it now has a not so nice check engine light. I will have to look into in the morning.

20210329_135331.jpg
I am so sorry to hear that you're having issues already. I just got mine last week and the dealer told me that they replaced the battery as the car has been sitting in the lot for some time.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I just got mine last week and the dealer told me that they replaced the battery as the car has been sitting in the lot for some time.
~ ditto but I havenā€™t been back to the dealer yet (they scare me). Iā€™ll get to it soon.

Iā€™ll start by tipping the Supra tech $20 and share with him Iā€™m ocd about my car... please add extra care if possible.

Sitting at 200 miles.

Drives fine with the idiot light on.
7A72B784-5643-4213-B050-A6A3E6FB0D57.jpeg

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
So like is says I bought my supra toady very nice 3.0 premium in grey. I'm happy! Parked it in the drive way for 3 to 4 hours. Went to put it into the garage. Started it let it idle for 45 secs. I wasn't trying race with it just put it into the garage. Took it out of park. Into reverse. Car dies. I'm like wait what? Start the car again. Put it in reverse and step on the gas it dies again. At this point I'm a little mad to say the least. Now I restart it plant my foot on the floor and it putters like it's dieing to 1000 ram and dies again. Now I'm super pissed like I just bought this piece of ****. Finally start it get it backed into the garage it now has a not so nice check engine light. I will have to look into in the morning.

20210329_135331.jpg
Dude sorry to hear about the bad luck! I know it probably goes without saying but did you make sure the electronic parking brake wasn't pulled at the time? Were you making sure to hold the brake all the way down while pulling the gear selector? Also something I've noticed on this car that I've never had with any of my past vehicles, is that when the car is in park but on any kind of incline, when you go to put it into drive or reverse, sometimes it acts funky and will automatically apply the brakes for you like it's assuming it's rolling without your permission. I think this happens if you try to take your foot off the brake to suddenly after putting it into gear. When this happens it can be very jarring and almost feel as though the vehicle shuts off. I also always turn the Auto on/Auto Off feature off completely when I hop into the car. Something else I found out over the weekend, and this could be just my experience, is that when you're in manual shift mode, you can't use the gear selector to put the car into reverse. You have to bump the shifter back into automatic drive mode to get to reverse. I found this kind of odd. Anyways, hope everything works out and you have no more issues!

Sereph102889

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium/Absolute Zero
So these are your options, but did they tell you what the CEL code was for???

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Toyota sucks at servicing the supra is the general consensus I've gotten throughout other owners here on the forums. Come on Toyota!!! I hope nothing happens to mine for as long as freaking possible!!

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Was the dealer able to pull the CEL code?

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
Toyota sucks at servicing the supra is the general consensus I've gotten throughout other owners here on the forums. Come on Toyota!!! I hope nothing happens to mine for as long as freaking possible!!
Quite true. When I went in for my first oil change, the dealership didn't even have the Supra on my paperwork. The paperwork said "Toyota 86 service"

If it wasn't for the free maintenance, i'd either do the work myself, or take it to my brothers BMW dealership... atleast they know the engine much better.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
If it wasn't for the free maintenance, i'd either do the work myself, or take it to my brothers BMW dealership... atleast they know the engine much better.
~ much agreed

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Quite true. When I went in for my first oil change, the dealership didn't even have the Supra on my paperwork. The paperwork said "Toyota 86 service"

The free oil change isnā€™t worth it. I would rather do it myself than risk them messing with my ECU.

-RJM

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
~ ditto but I havenā€™t been back to the dealer yet (they scare me). Iā€™ll get to it soon.

Iā€™ll start by tipping the Supra tech $20 and share with him Iā€™m ocd about my car... please add extra care if possible.

Sitting at 200 miles.

Drives fine with the idiot light on.
7A72B784-5643-4213-B050-A6A3E6FB0D57.jpeg
Did they program the new battery in the ECU?

if they did replace it, and they donā€™t program it, I read it can damage the battery.

Iā€™m on the hunt for a good service department that also knows how to support the Supra.

OP - I hope this is as simple as a battery. You would be surprised at all the funky stuff that can go wrong with a bad battery.
Sponsored