Brake bleeding requires dealer?!

MAXecutive

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90 Supra, '15 F36 435i GC, '97 A32 Maxima, '86 Z31 300ZX
I didn't have luck with this setup. I ended up going to a shop and have them bleed with activating the ABS pump.
Sponsored

jorligan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ferrari 458, McLaren 650S, Porsche GT3, Alfa 4C, Ford Raptor, Porsche Macan, 21 Supra Turbo
Finally saw this thread! Sorry for taking this long!

So while installing our new BBK, the master cylinder went dry on accident and it sucked in a lot of air. Took us a lot of bleeds but the brake pedal was very very unhappy. Like, 75% of it did nothing to stop the car. It was clear we got air into the DSC and ABS pumps, and we were gonna try to keep bleeding it ourselves and get the pedal back. But the next event on the calendar was COTA, where we knew we had to brake from 150 MPH to maybe 50 for a hairpin. We decided to not risk it and go for the dealers option, paid the service fees, and went on to win our class in COTA.

In short, you most likely won't need to take your car into the dealership for a brake bleed, AS LONG AS you aren't a dummy like us and didn't get a lot of air into the system. We did multiple bleeds and fluid flushes ourselves before with no problem, and will continue to do so in the future.
I did the same thing, got air in the ABS, Where did you go in Ann Arbor to get the flush, Toyota, BMW or an indy. Thanks

muckduck

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 95 Supra TT, 2008 T4R
also curious here too

Callabrator

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Refraction Blue A91 Edition Supra
I just swapped the brake fluid to Castrol SRF in mine using a Motive Power Bleeder. No problems at all.

I didn't mess with trying to flush the ABS system or anything though.
Sponsored