Burbles ... Love 'em or Hate 'em?

What's your position on BURBLES?

• Total voters

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Burble tunes were never cool and definitely aren't now that every Focus ST you come across sounds like a machine gun when they let off the throttle.

They ruin cats and honestly just sound bad in general. The exhaust note on deceleration is so much better than random backfiring.

I really wish these cars had the option of disabling them via coding like you can do with the S55. Unfortunately supras need an actual tune.

SupraJay

First Name
Jasson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra MKV
I daily drive my 2020 and I’m pretty over them. I turned them off all the way down I do like it when it naturally makes the gurgling sound upshifting when you step on it all the way.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I see the poll results are correct. Deus Vult.

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1
I like the way it is stock. I definitely wouldn't want more though.

gcurnew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0, 2020 992 C4
I'm willing to bet that the older the owner, generally the LESS the pops and bands are "appreciated." I'm 66, and drive the ever-loving bejeezus out of my Supra and 992. I HATE the banging and burbles...from my perspective it's the worst thing about the Supra, hands down. (It also undermines my enjoyment of the 992, but thankfully Porsche saw fit to turn off the backfiring when the car is in Sport+ mode, which is now how I mostly drive it). For the life of me I don't know why BMW/Toyota don't give owners any option but to suffer the noise...or get a tune, which I would have zero use for except to get rid of the burbles/backfires.

B58_ hwAyaq

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 F150 Tremor
I love them. I think some tunes (mostly in other makes/models) overdo it and the pops and bangs aren’t proportional to the RPMs, if that makes any sense.

I actually wish I could tune for more consistent ‘farts’ on upshifts. I feel like I lose them in some aggressive upshifting situations where I feel like they should be present.

Enjoy all the sounds before EVs take over.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Voted hate in the poll, but I like them at times. I don't like them on startup, I don't like how they happen under no recent throttle. I will coast from 30mph-0 and get sooooo many gurgles, it's just trash. If I'm driving the car hard and I downshift setting up for a corner, while keeping maintenance throttle, yea sure give some burbles, but ffs it happens at ~10mph with no throttle input, ricer / fuckboi shit

rhcpfreak7

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 Prem, 2014 Shelby GT500
I've never been a fan of the loud, firearm-esque popping that a lot of Beemer guys and other tuners tune their cars for, simply cuz I don't want to scare people like that 🥲

I think the Supra doesn't do it obnoxiously, and I don't drive it purely in Sport Plus so its not a constant thing for me. I will say though that I like having them for the purpose of noise play, in that we can rev these (unless you're a psycho and drop it into Neutral while driving) so having the ability to give some noise off to fellow car enthusiasts while cruising is nice.

I cruised with a modded M4 last week and all I could think is how I wish I could burble pop at 60mph just by letting off the gas a tiny bit 😫