Buying new right now?

aksql

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
I read through the "US Dealers Without Markups" thread, but was wondering if anyone has recent experience with buying new.

I am in the SF Bay and looking at either 6+ month wait or dealers charging $5-12k markups in NorCal and SoCal right now for a 3.0 Premium...

1-2 East Coast dealers seem to be doing MSRP.

Any advice, or is this just the game right now? Appreciate the help and/or any thoughts!
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Look for a place that is in the middle of a real winter right now. Most of the midwest and the North East. It's 21*F here in NY right now, ain't nobody shopping for a sports car.
I just said that, ya jerk.

Souriall91

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I’m up by Seattle and you can get them at MSRP here. Just have to find one in stock. I bought at Toyota Bellevue. Good overall experience. They make money back by having you do tint and clear wrap, but I didn’t want to do it there and they didn’t complain. Just paid straight MSRP.

JFende39

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MK5 3.0 Supra GR
Got mine for an insane deal in my opinion. SWFL.
‘21 3.0 premium. 7k miles. Wheels. Coilovers. Carbon fiber steering wheel. Exhaust.
I have searched autotrader down here and seems they are around msrp for the most part.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
You can get them from Steve Landers Toyota here in little Rock, Arkansas. Not sure if they have any in stock currently but they can usually get them in less then a month and at msrp. Mine took a week to get but that was back in July. Fly out, pick it up, drive it back. It's 1200-1300 miles to Cali and by then it's nice and broken in for when you get home?
I did that once years ago to buy a mint condition hatchback SI

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
Bought my 2.0L $500 under MSRP few months ago (Dec). They also had a 3.0L that was selling at MSRP but someone else had a deposit on it. Told me they are not doing market ups but they have less supply. One of few benefits to living in the Midwest don`t have crazy markets like the coast states.

OP
OP
aksql

aksql

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
Bought my 2.0L $500 under MSRP few months ago (Dec). They also had a 3.0L that was selling at MSRP but someone else had a deposit on it. Told me they are not doing market ups but they have less supply. One of few benefits to living in the Midwest don`t have crazy markets like the coast states.
Which dealer, if you don't mind me asking?

ckijnguyen

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
06 sti
I been in the market for a supra recently and I did find one 3.0 grey for msrp at one toyota oakland but i'm planning to make my deposit in a few weeks for a 22 with red interior.

Rando75

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Went through this a little over a month ago and after contacting a couple dozen dealers a lightly used '21 popped up and I grabbed that instead of a new car.

I refuse to pay above MSRP and did not want to wait. Car was local so I didn't have to travel (or ship) either.

Bonus: it had just received it's break-in oil change. I was able to floor it right away. 0 oil consumption. This worked out well for me.

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Paid MSRP for my '22 3.0 Premium w/Drv Asst package in Nitro yellow last month. In Virginia