Buying new right now?

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
I’m about 99% sure they NEVER made the A91 in renaissance red. It was only offered in nocturnal and refraction. So they’re really trying to screw someone, other giveaway is the wheels should be black
Sponsored

Vroomin350

First Name
Yohan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GS C7 Corvette
I’ve noticed a lot of listings have the incorrect trim. It’s like no one knows about these cars

HoosierRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I’m about 99% sure they NEVER made the A91 in renaissance red. It was only offered in nocturnal and refraction. So they’re really trying to screw someone, other giveaway is the wheels should be black

You are 100% correct. This is not an a91, it's just a 6 port premium.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
A few weeks ago I saw a dealership listing a 2021 Supra as a CF edition. So yeah, these guys dont really know much

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
Looks like a baiting tactic or the dealership doesn't know the special editions themselves. Disappointed the dealer either doesn't know and is upcharging like crazy, or does know its not an A91, and is lying to prospective buyers.
Sometimes their systems pull the vin wrong. You'll be able to tell pretty easily usually.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I’ve noticed a lot of listings have the incorrect trim. It’s like no one knows about these cars
They usually don't hire scholars either.. :crazy:

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Looks like a baiting tactic or the dealership doesn't know the special editions themselves. Disappointed the dealer either doesn't know and is upcharging like crazy, or does know its not an A91, and is lying to prospective buyers.
There are so many car models out there and used car dealers won't possibly know all the different models. Sometimes this works in your favor when you get a really nice special edition car listed as a generic everyday version of a specific car model.

And there are times like this listing you provided, the guy chooses the most expensive trim level to advertise, and of course the car is not that trim

Grady60

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series
I have noticed that ALL cars on Carvana have paint scratches and chips. Having said that, I just sold them my 2013 Prius for almost the same amount of money I paid Carmax for it in 2016. That money is going towards the purchase of my 2022 GR86 which is being delivered Tuesday.?

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
When an internet disruptor wants to pay top dollar for a 10 year old car, or your house, or give unlimited movie tickets, it's best to take the money and not ask too many questions.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
I have noticed that ALL cars on Carvana have paint scratches and chips. Having said that, I just sold them my 2013 Prius for almost the same amount of money I paid Carmax for it in 2016. That money is going towards the purchase of my 2022 GR86 which is being delivered Tuesday.?
Winning! Congrats.

driftingsw21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 MR2 (5th gen swap), 2010 BMW X5
Just an update got the Email from the dealership. Car was "found" and should be arriving at the end of April early May who knows. I'm not in a rush. They sent me the "invoice" of the spec etc.. Who knows what type of games they will play when it comes time to sign papers. In my experience the Bellevue Toyota dealership isn't so bad they just "talk to management" about everything which is annoying.

You can't "order" a car from Toyota right now. You basically put down a deposit, then they go through the national inventory and various allocations to find you what you want. For some reason my spec was "never" seen at the dealership. Umm It's just a premium 3.0 black on black with driver's pack.

In my experience the dealer's that try to hype up the Supra as something "special" could go F$#K themselves. End of the day it's just a car, a sports car also that never sells well. Usually as a second car. Only the mentally ill buys a sports car (Yes I'm very sick I own a 95 mr2 with more money into it then I want to admit) so they should be happy someone is dumb enough to buy them. Sports cars are rare cause no one buys them.

mmspider

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 2.0L(sold)
Just an update got the Email from the dealership. Car was "found" and should be arriving at the end of April early May who knows. I'm not in a rush. They sent me the "invoice" of the spec etc.. Who knows what type of games they will play when it comes time to sign papers. In my experience the Bellevue Toyota dealership isn't so bad they just "talk to management" about everything which is annoying.

You can't "order" a car from Toyota right now. You basically put down a deposit, then they go through the national inventory and various allocations to find you what you want. For some reason my spec was "never" seen at the dealership. Umm It's just a premium 3.0 black on black with driver's pack.

In my experience the dealer's that try to hype up the Supra as something "special" could go F$#K themselves. End of the day it's just a car, a sports car also that never sells well. Usually as a second car. Only the mentally ill buys a sports car (Yes I'm very sick I own a 95 mr2 with more money into it then I want to admit) so they should be happy someone is dumb enough to buy them. Sports cars are rare cause no one buys them.
It should be as easy as just ordering the exact spec you want and paying MSRP when it arrives after x many of days.

Octane

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra
It’s interesting because if you get on cargurus there’s so many listed through carvana and Carnac and you should be able to have those shipped to other locations. What’s the word on those?
Plenty on Carvana, it's just a tough pill to swallow when you're spending $56-60k on a used Supra 3.0 premium.