Can you measure your oil in I-Drive after driving for ~30 minutes?

Can you measure your oil in I-Drive after driving for ~30 minutes?

• Total voters

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Welp looks like Toyota wont conclude the oil consumption test.

They stated to me that they were unable to conclude the oil consumption test as the oil measurement system is failing. So they have opted to replace the oil pump and then have me redo the consumption test yet again.

Funny thing is the oil measurement system doesn't even show precise oil levels instead it just shows MAX MID MIN. I was under the impression that they measured the oil through draining the oil and measuring the difference from when the car was originally filled up and sealed

My experience with this car has really been hindered with all of this. :mad:
Make sure they change both these parts, insist on it. Would suck to go back and start again because the sensor is bad too.

- Oil pressure valve assembly p/n 23950-WAA01
- Oil level sensor p/n 89491-WAA01

-RJM
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)

MacAllan30

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, LC200
UPDATE: Looks like my oil pump is failing according to Toyota. Coincidentally I got a low oil light saying to add 2 quarts after driving for 1300miles right before I brought it in.

Toyota is saying that they might need to replace the oil pump before they can complete the oil consumption test. Hopefully this doesn't mean I have to redo the test...
Would this be the error message you received?

BF22F393-BC33-4214-A448-53AAFFD7E684.jpeg

Branflakes123

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue
Welp looks like Toyota wont conclude the oil consumption test.

They stated to me that they were unable to conclude the oil consumption test as the oil measurement system is failing. So they have opted to replace the oil pump and then have me redo the consumption test yet again.

Funny thing is the oil measurement system doesn't even show precise oil levels instead it just shows MAX MID MIN. I was under the impression that they measured the oil through draining the oil and measuring the difference from when the car was originally filled up and sealed

My experience with this car has really been hindered with all of this. :mad:
Any update? Did your oil pump get replaced?

OP
OP
Bread1267

Bread1267

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Supra (Sold), 2018 F80 M3 Comp
Any update? Did your oil pump get replaced?
Oil pump was failing causing oil pressure to be low during oil measurement tests. If anyone else has these issues just know your oil pump is failing.

Toyota replaced my oil pump under warranty and now I can measure my oil level whenever I want which is nice.

My oil consumption test “passed” as Toyota said that when the oil light comes on that says to add 2 quarts it only means technically one quart?? What they did for the consumption test is have me drive for 1100-1200 miles and bring the car in. When I brought it in my oil level was at a minimum and they added one quart and measured with the I drive system and it measured max after adding one quart. At this point they concluded I was within the recommend consumption amount. I am still not sure why the system would say to add 2 quarts when it only really needs 1???

Branflakes123

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue
Oil pump was failing causing oil pressure to be low during oil measurement tests. If anyone else has these issues just know your oil pump is failing.

Toyota replaced my oil pump under warranty and now I can measure my oil level whenever I want which is nice.

My oil consumption test “passed” as Toyota said that when the oil light comes on that says to add 2 quarts it only means technically one quart?? What they did for the consumption test is have me drive for 1100-1200 miles and bring the car in. When I brought it in my oil level was at a minimum and they added one quart and measured with the I drive system and it measured max after adding one quart. At this point they concluded I was within the recommend consumption amount. I am still not sure why the system would say to add 2 quarts when it only really needs 1???
Measure with a scantool rather than iDrive. You get to see a real sensor value instead of an estimate. Also the warning in iDrive does not come on until you are about 1.5 liters down, ~78mm on the sensor readout.

OP
OP
Bread1267

Bread1267

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Measure with a scantool rather than iDrive. You get to see a real sensor value instead of an estimate. Also the warning in iDrive does not come on until you are about 1.5 liters down, ~78mm on the sensor readout.
See this is not true as my raw oil value was at 72mm with the car at 1800rpm before I sent the car in. They said all they did is add one quart of oil and it was back at full again. I really don’t wanna believe them on this but I don’t know what else to do

OP
OP
Bread1267

Bread1267

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So what’s the final verdict? You’ve been given the Toyota seal of approval?
They had me go on my way and said that my oil consumption is normal according to the Toyota FTS. All of the mechanics that work at these dealerships are at the mercy of the Toyota FTS guy that manages a bunch of service shops within a certain area

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
See this is not true as my raw oil value was at 72mm with the car at 1800rpm before I sent the car in. They said all they did is add one quart of oil and it was back at full again. I really don’t wanna believe them on this but I don’t know what else to do
I suggest you take a look at this before randomly calling things untrue.
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/oil-level-analysis-with-ecutek.10943/

At the end of the day, you can choose to believe the OBD measurement or you can choose to believe the iDrive display which has been inconsistent for you.

Branflakes123

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Refraction Blue
What I'm saying is, 78mm is equivalent to 1.5 liters down. That's from measuring the amount of oil that came out of my Supra myself. The point here is, the iDrive bar is only an estimation. I think we are saying the same thing here

MacAllan30

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, LC200