• Total voters

dthtrpMKV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR SUPRA 3.0 Premium
Could this issue be a faulty sensor? Hard to tell without a dipstick if the engine oil is low. Spoke with a former BMW master tech who stated these sensors being faulty is really common.
I think this is the answer. Toyota rep drained my oil and 5+ quarts came out. Meaning there is no actual consumption issue with mine, but more than likely a faulty sensor showing the oil level at low. Bbbuuuut they broke my spark plugs and now I gotta wait for them to order some and replace.
Sponsored

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
I think this is the answer. Toyota rep drained my oil and 5+ quarts came out. Meaning there is no actual consumption issue with mine, but more than likely a faulty sensor showing the oil level at low. Bbbuuuut they broke my spark plugs and now I gotta wait for them to order some and replace.
Pros and cons of a dealership visit. Sorry to hear man! Thank you so much for the info!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
If its faulty does that mean it stays low even if they add a quart?

-RJM

dthtrpMKV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR SUPRA 3.0 Premium
If its faulty does that mean it stays low even if they add a quart?

-RJM
Well, they actually did not attempt to add a quart and remeasure first. I would have done this myself, but the car is still relatively new and I wanted them to use the GR oil for warranty reasons RN. They had no idea how to continue and just waited on the Toyota Rep. Rep had them drain the oil and 5+ quarts of clean oil came out. When it is full it reads max level. Toyota claims that there is no problem.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
The first dealership I tried to get an oil change from was going to put the generic 0w 20 in. It's best just to watch them perform the oil change. I plan on reminding them how much new oil to put back in, and the torque specs on the filter, and oil drain plug 18NM, 25 foot ft pounds.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
A faulty sensor would certainly be the best possible answer to this question. Has anyone experiencing this issue installed a catch can or air oil separator of some type to see if this consumption issue is a result of blow-by? My Verus AOS should be arriving today (along with the new heat shield - resonator delete already done), and while I'm not (yet - 2500 miles) experiencing oil consumption, I'm considering installing it first without the recirculation line to see how much it collects.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
The first dealership I tried to get an oil change from was going to put the generic 0w 20 in. It's best just to watch them perform the oil change. I plan on reminding them how much new oil to put back in, and the torque specs on the filter, and oil drain plug 18NM, 25 foot ft pounds.
Lmao, they're going to put an airgun on them, and it'll get torqued to gutentight, which is roughly triple the recommended specs. If you're so worried about it, do it yourself, like the rest of us lol. The last thing those guys want, is customers telling them how to do their job.

ravenwest

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
None
So I added a quart of oil at like 2300 miles, and I'm at almost 3500 now and this is what I have:

IMG_6317.JPG

So I expect it to have a minimum warning within 200 miles, but I'm not sure if this is within spec or not for them to just say "oh well, you're out of luck."

I'm supposed to take it back to toyota at like 3550 or something though.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Dealerships and mechanics love people helping them. You will be popular

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lmao, they're going to put an airgun on them, and it'll get torqued to gutentight, which is roughly triple the recommended specs. If you're so worried about it, do it yourself, like the rest of us lol. The last thing those guys want, is customers telling them how to do their job.
I've worked at two dealerships, and the things I've witnessed were unspeakable. I will not do any maintenance, or breath on the car until the warranty is up.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
A faulty sensor would certainly be the best possible answer to this question. Has anyone experiencing this issue installed a catch can or air oil separator of some type to see if this consumption issue is a result of blow-by? My Verus AOS should be arriving today (along with the new heat shield - resonator delete already done), and while I'm not (yet - 2500 miles) experiencing oil consumption, I'm considering installing it first without the recirculation line to see how much it collects.
So see how I said above it hasn't happened to me yet? I got the message driving around on Friday at 2536 miles that it was at the minimum level. ? Perfect timing. I'm going to add some oil (1qt when at minimum level?) and install the AOS without the recirculation line to see how much of this (if any) is a result of blow-by.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So see how I said above it hasn't happened to me yet? I got the message driving around on Friday at 2536 miles that it was at the minimum level. ? Perfect timing. I'm going to add some oil (1qt when at minimum level?) and install the AOS without the recirculation line to see how much of this (if any) is a result of blow-by.
I made it to around 4,500miles before my low oil light came on. I think I lasted until this late on the odometer is because I usually waited for about 15 minutes of driving before using the gas pedal in a normal matter. I was always gentle until the car warmed up. I think most of the blow by happens when the engine is still cold and people dropping the hammer.
Sponsored