Car owner who left Jeep at dealership gets sued after worker dies during oil change

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
This seems like a joke... this ridiculous, the jeep owner has nothing to do with this lol... They should go after whoever hired this idiot in the first place if anything if not the moron 19yr old himself
Sponsored

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
While completely ridiculous, there’s procedural formats that are followed. The owner’s insurance will respond to said lawsuit defending their client and it’ll be dropped shortly after. This will also protect the owner from any double jeopardy claims in the future, etc. Just another reason to always carry insurance (in case weird shit happens).

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
While completely ridiculous, there’s procedural formats that are followed. The owner’s insurance will respond to said lawsuit defending their client and it’ll be dropped shortly after. This will also protect the owner from any double jeopardy claims in the future, etc. Just another reason to always carry insurance (in case weird shit happens).
Yuuuppp. 100x.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Counter-sue the living f*ck out of the dealership for their gross negligence. The kid not having a valid driver's license should make it an open and shut case.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just realized that fox article says customer took vehicle to service on March 13, 2020. Either a typo or took them long enough.

Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Just realized that fox article says customer took vehicle to service on March 13, 2020. Either a typo or took them long enough.
Waiting on the GR oil

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
Bloody hell. As someone from the UK currently sat in a bar in Boston imma watch out for the 0.0000006% drivers in a manual.

Essentially I'm avoiding Impezas for the next 4 days.

The world is whack.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
This popped up on my news feed.
https://www.distractify.com/p/toyota-dealer-wrecks-manual
GR86.
Seems they worked something out with dealer. Videos down but explanation in other Tiktok videos of his...
Honestly, similar thing happened to me. Service burned the clutch, but it wasn't so bad that it wrecked anything. Just your typical clutch burn smell. Nothing I've not done myself over steep hills on stop n go traffic in other MT cars... But his story is way worse...

Anyhow, better avoid service with MTs these days. Service people with MT experience getting scarce. Especially with heavier clutches...

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
I understand how they can twist it to be "well that's how it works under the law", but it wouldn't be the first utterly stoooopid law.....

In this case it really does seem to be the dealer on the hook - if the car had a malfunction then sue the carmaker - if the owner did a mod that caused it then sue the owner - but in this case the dealer allowed an unqualified person to drive the car, case closed.
Sponsored