Carplay has disappeared

Ziggy

First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Started a petition on Change.org so we can start to see how far reaching this issue is, and potentially seek compensation from Toyota if they can't fix the issue. Please post this link everywhere you can! http://chng.it/78gWbXj7
Please add 2021 to it. It’s affecting us too not just 2020
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

6round

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium
This isn’t cool at all. Carplay is vital to me

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
The biggest issue I had with it disappearing and why I would seek the lawsuit is because I nearly crashed yesterday trying to troubleshoot whilst driving since I was late to a work call.
There's a name for your statement in the legal profession. It's called "admission of guilt". You admit you were inattentive during the operation of your vehicle? It is 100% your responsibility when you drive to operate in a safe manner, full stop. Distraction isn't an excuse, it's an acknowledgement of your culpability.

Just in case this concept isn't clear, you get this friendly screen every time you start your car:

"Safe vehicle operation is the driver's responsibility"

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 4.34.19 PM.jpg

Last edited:

MannyC224

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Turbulence Grey "Supra35"
Those of us that actually owned and drove 1970s cars are laughing so hard right now. Thanks for the chuckle. Your Supra isn't really a "car". It's a complex computer hive-nest that happens to have 4 wheels.

And can we hold off on the lawsuit threats until we give BMW/Toyota a reasonable chance to fix this? Good grief, this just came up less than a day ago. A little understanding goes a long way.
From what I've read on the internet it took BMW over 4 months to fix one their software issues. This is DD and one of the features I was looking for was CarPlay. If they have taken it away without notice to existing owners... hell even Apple tells you when they are going to update their OS. Just some testing on BMW/Toyota's side would have shown this issue, and they should have held on releasing the software.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Just checked and CarPlay works with no issues in my car. Tried different functions like maps, calls, Siri - all works as before. :dunno:

Kgsweb

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Downshift Blue
2020 with build date 7/19 here. No Apple CarPlay now. Car was parked in garage for last 5 days. Drove it to dinner tonight. CarPlay worked while driving to restaurant. Left about 45 minutes later and no CarPlay. As others have said, there is not even an option on the screen to select CarPlay now.

Kyuen16

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Refraction
last month-ish I quick programmed one stereo buttons to apple car play. and everything was working fine. Then i noticed my car play stopped working like 9 days ago, i thought it was a buggy connection issue but after 2 days of not connecting it annoyed me. when I would press the programmed key it said "apple car play function not available"

after further investigation, i found out that my car just swapped my phone to "supra connect" instead of carplay. idk if this is helpful but this solved my issue.

Good luck to everyone tho

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
From what I've read on the internet it took BMW over 4 months to fix one their software issues. This is DD and one of the features I was looking for was CarPlay. If they have taken it away without notice to existing owners... hell even Apple tells you when they are going to update their OS. Just some testing on BMW/Toyota's side would have shown this issue, and they should have held on releasing the software.
True and I'm not accepting these as norms, but most non-OTA (iOS update, software update, app updates, Windows update, etc.) are voluntary (mostly, except critical) and given a heads up and even so they're not without issues....
You would have to compare it with other OTA updates like Tesla's if you want apples to apples comparison...

MannyC224

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium Turbulence Grey "Supra35"
2020 with build date 7/19 here. No Apple CarPlay now. Car was parked in garage for last 5 days. Drove it to dinner tonight. CarPlay worked while driving to restaurant. Left about 45 minutes later and no CarPlay. As others have said, there is not even an option on the screen to select CarPlay now.
Reposting here so it doesn't get lost: Started a petition on Change.org so we can start to see how far reaching this issue is, and potentially seek compensation from Toyota if they can't fix the issue. Please post this link everywhere you can! http://chng.it/78gWbXj7

Kgsweb

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Downshift Blue
last month-ish I quick programmed one stereo buttons to apple car play. and everything was working fine. Then i noticed my car play stopped working like 9 days ago, i thought it was a buggy connection issue but after 2 days of not connecting it annoyed me. when I would press the programmed key it said "apple car play function not available"

after further investigation, i found out that my car just swapped my phone to "supra connect" instead of carplay. idk if this is helpful but this solved my issue.

Good luck to everyone tho
Kyuen16 - not following what you did to restore CarPlay. Can you provide a step by stepof what you did?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Kyuen16 - not following what you did to restore CarPlay. Can you provide a step by stepof what you did?
he just corrected the shortcut (programmable button)... nothing to do with the CarPlay being gone..

brugadathug

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Honda Fit
This is not cool. I am in the market for a Supra and def will reconsider if carplay is gone. Perhaps when I go to check it out in person I will test if carplay works and if it is gone I will pull the "if there is no carplay I will not purchase". I am sure this will get dealers to jump on this asap to address.
Sponsored