Catless DP makes less pops

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
correct, but some may be unaware that when they press their sport button the valve will not actuate to open as the JB4 is controlling it. I needed to “unclick” the setting in the JB4 so the sport button operated as normal OEM.
Yes corrrect
Sponsored

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Also Armytrix catless dp with no cel! That o2 simulator is nice, I posted pics comparing it with my old Titan catless dp in my build thread as well
I was thinking of getting armytrix but $600 for a catless DP is crazy just picked up an AMS catless BNIB I’ll just deal with the CEL 🙃

Last edited:

JSmoothBui

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I was thinking of getting armytrix but $600 for a catless DP is crazy just picked up an AMS catless BNIB for $275 I’ll just deal with the CEL 🙃
I picked mine up used off fb marketplace for $300, only reason I was able to tell myself to go Armytrix. $600 definitely up there in price but there is that peace of mind that there’s no issues too in case a CEL ever does come up

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
I picked mine up used off fb marketplace for $300, only reason I was able to tell myself to go Armytrix. $600 definitely up there in price but there is that peace of mind that there’s no issues too in case a CEL ever does come up
That makes sense if i can find one used for a reasonable price I’d jump on it! I might try the big daddies garage 02 spacer/defouler I’ve heard mixed things about them working though

OP
OP
What2JZ

What2JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Toyota Supra
This def seems the way to go, as I can bet the perm code i am getting is causing the ecu to stop the pops for whatever reason.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Fun fact, I read this and thought to myself... I should check my BootMod3 settings (I had a suspicion my valves weren't working correctly)

I was right, my exhaust is now loud af again with plenty of pops. Lol. The dumb ass "open" setting for exhaust sport mode was fighting itself apparently. Selecting OEM made it work as expected when switching from Normal to Sport mode, etc

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
correct, but some may be unaware that when they press their sport button the valve will not actuate to open as the JB4 is controlling it. I needed to “unclick” the setting in the JB4 so the sport button operated as normal OEM.
Aaaahhhhh that's what you're talking about. Ok, that makes sense. Was aware that was happening. I personally haven't had an exhaust valve since there was about 1500mi on the car so nothing to control.

ShinDohyun

First Name
Dohyun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Where is this setting in the JB4?

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Again, not to create another thread, and kind of hijacking this one: What's considered the highest quality catless downpipe out there? I know it's just a pipe with some welds, but there's also fitment to consider, quality of steel, etc. I'm not concerned about cost and would rather pay more for a quality product. I'm also not concerned about popping a CEL, because this is something I will be putting on the shelf until I'm able to have my current untunable '21 tuned.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
All catless downpipes will sound 100% the same, second, this his happened to a few clients and it generally comes back in a few days, as ecu re learns and re sets itself, also fuel is a factor, put a fresh tank and see what happens.

Extreme Power House

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
x-ph.com
Car(s)
18 BMW M4, 13 Mustang GT
Again, not to create another thread, and kind of hijacking this one: What's considered the highest quality catless downpipe out there? I know it's just a pipe with some welds, but there's also fitment to consider, quality of steel, etc. I'm not concerned about cost and would rather pay more for a quality product. I'm also not concerned about popping a CEL, because this is something I will be putting on the shelf until I'm able to have my current untunable '21 tuned.
The highest quality pipe is the evolution racewerks. It's handbuilt in the US. Best finish, wielding, etc..

Many brands are proven to fit without issues, Evolution Racewerks, Active Autowerke, MAD, etc...

If you get a proven brand, it'll be 304 stainless steel. The cheaper eBay ones use the 201 lower quality steel.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I second this i have AMS catted to AWE resonated touring with JB4 and it pops and cracks like crazy… hell I’m considering switching to catless just for more pops
PLENTY of pops bang and gunshots. Wouldn't want more, I'm also on jb4, I'm not sure if ethanol makes any difference but it tends to pop more running e40 than with 93. Not sure if it's just anecdotal.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where is this setting in the JB4?
Hold BC button for a few seconds and your blinkers will flash, right open, left closed, both on= normal setting controlled by sport button.
You can do some silly loud cold starts this way if u hate your neighbors. Jk, luckily all my neighbors have loud cars 🤣🤣

ShinDohyun

First Name
Dohyun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Hold BC button for a few seconds and your blinkers will flash, right open, left closed, both on= normal setting controlled by sport button.
You can do some silly loud cold starts this way if u hate your neighbors. Jk, luckily all my neighbors have loud cars 🤣🤣
See, I tried this.

The right blinker keeps them open no matter what. The left blinker and both blinkers keep the valve closed no matter if I'm in sport mode or not.

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
See, I tried this.

The right blinker keeps them open no matter what. The left blinker and both blinkers keep the valve closed no matter if I'm in sport mode or not.
It will work (i think), after you switch it to both blinking, restart the car and try to press sport. Report back? This is what I had to do, it was tricking ne good for a hot second but ultimately the solution was just to turn car off and on
Sponsored