CEL came on today

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
So the CEL came on today and on the JB4 it reads...

Is this related to the downpipe O2 sensor?

Screenshot_20191009-065827_JB4 Mobile.jpg
Sponsored

larrymz3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Those don't look like exhaust related codes. Do you have a real code reader you can plug in? I've found OBDLink or Torque to provide more accurate error codes than the JB4 app.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Definitely not Cat related, at least most of them anyway. Axle codes, radiator codes, power management battery faults, various comm faults. if all you have is the JB4, its probably that. Or another thing it could be is a weak battery, which i cant really see being the case on a car this new. Are you using the OBD2 connection for CAN?

Reactions: CJ-
OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
Definitely not Cat related, at least most of them anyway. Axle codes, radiator codes, power management battery faults, various comm faults. if all you have is the JB4, its probably that. Or another thing it could be is a weak battery, which i cant really see being the case on a car this new. Are you using the OBD2 connection for CAN?
I do have the replace battery message on my dashboard and still waiting for the dealer to replace it. I have a feeling it could be related to the JB4 running higher fuel and idle that is causing these error messages. I sent an email to Terry at burger and hopefully they can shed some light. I will try clearing the code tonight and see if it will come back again.

OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
Those don't look like exhaust related codes. Do you have a real code reader you can plug in? I've found OBDLink or Torque to provide more accurate error codes than the JB4 app.
No I don't have a OBDLink.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
I do have the replace battery message on my dashboard and still waiting for the dealer to replace it. I have a feeling it could be related to the JB4 running higher fuel and idle that is causing these error messages. I sent an email to Terry at burger and hopefully they can shed some light. I will try clearing the code tonight and see if it will come back again.
what you mean higher fuel and idle?

If your battery is bad, or weak it can cause those codes on these cars. As below a certain voltage, the ECU drops connection between other modules. The battery doesnt have to be dead and can still start the car, but voltage can be low enough to make the ECU drop connection.

Reactions: CJ-
OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
what you mean higher fuel and idle?

If your battery is bad, or weak it can cause those codes on these cars. As below a certain voltage, the ECU drops connection between other modules. The battery doesnt have to be dead and can still start the car, but voltage can be low enough to make the ECU drop connection.
The error messages says the idle speed is too high. I'm reading from JB4 connecting through OBDII.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
oh, sorry, lol. I misread and took that as you were saying the JB4 made your car idle higher. Whats your car idle at BTW?

OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
oh, sorry, lol. I misread and took that as you were saying the JB4 made your car idle higher. Whats your car idle at BTW?
I'll check tonight during the drive home.

Skeeter

First Name
Cecil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra #935/1500 ,2019 Toyota Highlander, 2002 VW Turbo Beetle, 1997Mazda Miata, 1986 Mustang SVO
I had to have the battery on my LE replaced with only 7 miles in it. It threw a couple of weird OBD codes before the dealership got a new battery for the car. I don't remember what the codes were, or how many there were, but they all went away after the new battery was installed.

OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
I had to have the battery on my LE replaced with only 7 miles in it. It threw a couple of weird OBD codes before the dealership got a new battery for the car. I don't remember what the codes were, or how many there were, but they all went away after the new battery was installed.
Thanks for the info. I think it might be related to my battery problem. I'm still waiting for the battery to arrive and it have been over 6 weeks. For now I've removed the code. Will monitor it to see if it will come back on again.

OP
OP
RRKnight

RRKnight

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus NCX200T F Sport
Thanks for the info. I think it might be related to my battery problem. I'm still waiting for the battery to arrive and it have been over 6 weeks. For now I've removed the code. Will monitor it to see if it will come back on again.
Sponsored