Not open for further replies.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
A quote from a SF member.

FirstStateCamber said:
In speaking with a person who has seen the car in person for about 45min, they claimed the following...

1. Its very close to the overall sizing of the MKIV
2. The side profile and rear is distinctly paying homage to the MKIV
3. The motor in this muel car may be one derived from the 340i, but hard to tell
4. The Interior was made of higher line materials.
5. The hood is a half clam shell opening in standard rearward fashion.
6. The piece on the door is nothing more then a styling addition
7. They wouldn't comment on the trans, possible future high line optional powerplants, etc...

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Lollll, I'm alive guysss! I made it out of there unscathed haha.

It was a good meeting, not a ton of new information or anything. But as usual, I can't really say much. :(

Main point of the meeting was more to talk about the community, demographics and general outlook as the Product Planning/PR teams ramp up for launch.

Couple takeaways:
-Don't believe everything you see/read on the internet
-A lot of stuff on the test mules is not finalized
-There are a lot of small design elements that are still being tested
-This car is not a muscle car, nor is it a GTR killer. It will be a sports car that will impress really anyone that drives it, especially compared to cars in its price class.
-The MKIV is constantly on the mind of the designers and engineers, they know the expectations, the market, and most importantly, the hype. Don't think that they're in the dark about any of the details when it comes to the MKIV and it's place in the automotive world.

Didn't get much more than that and sadly no scoops! I am trying to get my ass into one of those new Corollas though... :D

I will continue to be in contact with the team at Toyota and try to get as much info as I can going forward. :headbang:

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Very reassuring! Really hoping the car shuts up a lot of haters/doubters when it’s released, and by the sounds of it, it will. Also why can’t I have friends at Toyota Canada :cry: haha
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.