Compatible BMW ECUs for Cloning

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
So then the VIN is needed? What information does Femto need to confirm compatibility? If I get an ECU, all I have its the label and trust that it is functional.... definitely a bit risky.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
So then the VIN is needed? What information does Femto need to confirm compatibility? If I get an ECU, all I have its the label and trust that it is functional.... definitely a bit risky.
The VIN isn't needed persay, but will help you to verify you have the right unit.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
The VIN isn't needed persay, but will help you to verify you have the right unit.
The only reason I’ve seen that Femto “requires it” is so you don’t get butthurt when it doesn’t work for flashing after already spending money on shipping.

Wetherman

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0
@zrk - really appreciate your support on this forum. Got a guy on this forum with ECU to sell but for $2K I'm not sure if what is in the picture is legit and there is no VIN. I am willing to pay but I sure would like to know it works, I will actuall get it (from overseas) and I will not piss that money away. Not sure how you vet a member of the forum when it comes to these transactions. On top of the $2k is the Femto charge so I'm pretty close to Visconti land of $3695 but Visconti has no idea if or when they will have tuneable ECUs that can cloned to. So frustrating given my limited bandwidth to find an ECU myself.

Anyway thanks for listening and responding.

OP
OP
zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@zrk - really appreciate your support on this forum. Got a guy on this forum with ECU to sell but for $2K I'm not sure if what is in the picture is legit and there is no VIN. I am willing to pay but I sure would like to know it works, I will actuall get it (from overseas) and I will not piss that money away. Not sure how you vet a member of the forum when it comes to these transactions. On top of the $2k is the Femto charge so I'm pretty close to Visconti land of $3695 but Visconti has no idea if or when they will have tuneable ECUs that can cloned to. So frustrating given my limited bandwidth to find an ECU myself.

Anyway thanks for listening and responding.
There's nothing really great you can do aside from Paypal Goods and Services and pray. For that price, it's pretty hard to say, unless we know who the member is.

I also might have someone that has one for that price. DM me if you're interested.

Binhwind

First Name
Binh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
@zrk thanks for creating this helpful thread. I follow the info on here and found a donor on car-part.com last month for around $450.

OP
OP
zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@zrk thanks for creating this helpful thread. I follow the info on here and found a donor on car-part.com last month for around $450.
Amazing man! They're out there, you just gotta hunt.