NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 zx10 fully built
What you are doing is exactly my setup with the JB4. The install really isn't bas bad as it seems. I'd say the most involved part is taking out the airbox to wire the wastegate up and fishing the wire through the firewall to plug it into the OBD port. But even then, for the latter, there is a pre-punched hole for it.
About how long did it take you, been seeing few supras on YT with BM3 as well and MHD anyone running these?

baagel

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2020 Challenger Hellcat
Just curious, what vendor(s) charging $6000 for the clone service now?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
paying 6k isn't all that serious
I dunno. That's pretty serious to me. That's why....

Combining them would be awesome! I just want to find the most basic of all JB4 threads so I can let Jesse do his thang. No meth, ethanol or monkey juice. I had no idea this would be more involved than an OBD plug and play 😂. I'm watching a killer video of some kid (on another thread) wiring all this shit to his engine and I'm like, oh hell no.... I found a 2.5 mm allen key, so I guess I can do the 1st step of hooking up the bluetooth, but damn I'm still cracking up at what the fcuk I got myself into 🤣🤣🤣 Sorry to hijack ur thread @NFamous60. Amazing with a wife and kids you can find time to hack ur ride or clone ur ECU 🤯 :respect:

*(this is exactly why I just stick to suspension and seat time on a track)*
..I gave up on all the tuning work arounds. I realize every platform starts out with wonky, awkward ways of making cars faster. For me, it's not that big of a deal. I am having plenty of fun with stock power until the day comes we're making more is easier.
This all reminds me of the late 90s and early 2000s when we used to have to put together a ton of hardware to get car tuned. 😂
And what is protuned? Isn't that a Subaru thing?

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I dunno. That's pretty serious to me. That's why....

..I gave up on all the tuning work arounds. I realize every platform starts out with wonky, awkward ways of making cars faster. For me, it's not that big of a deal. I am having plenty of fun with stock power until the day comes we're making more is easier.
This all reminds me of the late 90s and early 2000s when we used to have to put together a ton of hardware to get car tuned. 😂
And what is protuned? Isn't that a Subaru thing?
Titanmotorsports call their tuner protune. Least that's the label on their website for it... I feel the same 6k for that 1 thing nah I'm good I can get wheels, and few other mods with that same grip of money until the u unlock is easiee

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Seems like you still have quite a bit of research to do.

If you're not interested in unlocking the car, JB4 is your best bet. JB4 will support meth injection just fine. Burger makes a JB4 meth kit. You don't need to upgrade your LPFP. Skip the Protune, no one really uses it, it's a mild boost increase.

For JB4 tuning, call @Jesse DaBears.
What kind of increases in hp and torque can one expect from a stock car tuned to run 93 petrol (In Australia we call it 98 from what I can tell) exclusively?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
What kind of increases in hp and torque can one expect from a stock car tuned to run 93 petrol (In Australia we call it 98 from what I can tell) exclusively?
I’m expecting it to “run optimally“ with a tune. I’m an OCD kind of guy that obviously doesn’t think all this shit out ahead of time but wanted the sound of a dadgum cat free car. So here I am with a JB4 reading all these threads 😂. In all my other cars I took them to the race shop in Sebring and never asked about the tuning ”stuff”. But I know they messed with it cuz they‘d hook me up to a computer between sessions and download data. They retired (the shop), so I hear ya man, hindsight is 20/20.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Evening everyone, I've been all over the net even reached out to GMS. I looked at a thread on here but it's like 30plus pages. I am a new owner of 2022 supra which has a locked ecu. Check I'm not onnpar with spending 4k plus to unlock or clone my ecu when I could spend that across the car with other plans. I read someone added the JB4 to their 2022. My question is those of us not wanting to clone can still time thru jb4 or equivalent? I reached out to Titan motorsports as well and I'm about to pull on buying their protune plug and play. Which I believe the JB4 is right? I may have answered my question asking the question just wanted to here from the tried and true. Mods in near future meth injection, LPFP, protune if it would work, intake.
Not helpful, but I'm in Tacoma too. Happy to answer any questions I can.

I have a 21 3.0 with jb4 and mods.

OP
OP
NFamous60

NFamous60

First Name
Jau
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Omw bk as we speak of your open to meet and go over the car? Should be bk by Friday

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium

Omw bk as we speak of your open to meet and go over the car? Should be bk by Friday
Ya definitely. PM for phone and we can figure out a time to meet up and chat
Sponsored