718_2T

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Absolute Zero, 2017 718 Cayman White
Hey All,

I've been putting my car back to stock to sell and I've removed the Verus UCW Wing from my car. The left over holes aren't too big but received one estimate for $3500 to repair.

I know nothing about body work but that seems very high or they're replacing the Whole Rear Hatch.

Just trying get idea of what reasonable cost would be or best option I might have?

20220207_155143.jpg

20220207_155135.jpg
Sponsored

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
Trunks plastic, probably best to replace the whole thing. $3500 is insanely high. The liftgate itself is only 1500 new. 2k for install and paint seems gnarly.
1000% agree. Just buy a new trunk. Its going to be a bondo and glaze repair anyways not something that will be worth the cost.

OP
OP
718_2T

718_2T

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
In to see what you end up doing as this is really the only thing stopping me from buying a verus wang.
Already found one that's in great condition and painted. Just need to find cost to switch them out.

Boblay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra, F82 M4
Hey All,

I've been putting my car back to stock to sell and I've removed the Verus UCW Wing from my car. The left over holes aren't too big but received one estimate for $3500 to repair.

I know nothing about body work but that seems very high or they're replacing the Whole Rear Hatch.

Just trying get idea of what reasonable cost would be or best option I might have?

20220207_155143.jpg

20220207_155135.jpg
I was in the same exact situation as you with the holes from my a91 spoiler. I thought about switching hatches, but there's too many wires involved, so it didn't seem worth the hassle according to Studio RSR. After having my bad experience with them regarding other things, I took it to ABS Auto Body here in LA where my guy Kevin did a fantastic job on welding the holes, respraying the trunk to perfection. No bondo involved. Paid $700 for the job, which compared to your price is a steal. Car is sold now, and the dealer was not at all bothered by the resprayed trunk, they didn't even notice until I told them.

OP
OP
718_2T

718_2T

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do it your self.
Working that out now as a final option. The trunk I found they had apparently cut the wiring, will see though.

I was in the same exact situation as you with the holes from my a91 spoiler. I thought about switching hatches, but there's too many wires involved, so it didn't seem worth the hassle according to Studio RSR. After having my bad experience with them regarding other things, I took it to ABS Auto Body here in LA where my guy Kevin did a fantastic job on welding the holes, respraying the trunk to perfection. No bondo involved. Paid $700 for the job, which compared to your price is a steal. Car is sold now, and the dealer was not at all bothered by the resprayed trunk, they didn't even notice until I told them.
Based on this I'll shop around a bit more for quotes. I'm in DFW should definitely be places here.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Would be far less costly and less of a hassle to sell "as" is with the wing left on...At least that's what I would have done...

carry on...

OP
OP
718_2T

718_2T

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Would be far less costly and less of a hassle to sell "as" is with the wing left on...At least that's what I would have done...

carry on...
Hindsight 20/20, but we'll see.

Heavy Foot

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra. 2018 Mazda Miata RF. 2020 Range Rover.
Already found one that's in great condition and painted. Just need to find cost to switch them out.
Be careful. I was talking to a body shop, and there are over a dozen paint variances for the tri-coat white paint. There's a strong chance that the used hatch you are buying will not match. I would get the one you have repaired, so they can blend the paint in. The absolute zero paint looks great, but a nightmare to match. I had a stone chip on the nose of my car, and the body shop came out with about a dozen paint cards, and held them up against my paint on my car to see what the best variance would be. I backed out of the repair, and just used touch up paint.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
For $3500, I would rather just fill the holes in and wrap the entire car...

Snowblind20

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Looks like a drunk blind guy drilled the holes in that hatch.