Costco Gas

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
There will be no savings at Costco, the long waits will burn all your savings and time. Go elsewhere
Sponsored

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I pretty much only run Costco premium in mine... but I avoid any time between 7:30am and 8:30pm... early morning and right before closing there are at least 5 open pumps especially on the left side.

During the hours the store is open you'd have to be insane to get gas there. However they're a good 20-25 cents cheaper per gallon than anything in a 10 mile radius where I am. Not really a meaningful amount of savings when it comes down to it... but it just feels a bit better - especially when coupled with the additional 4%.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I pretty much only run Costco premium in mine... but I avoid any time between 7:30am and 8:30pm... early morning and right before closing there are at least 5 open pumps especially on the left side.

During the hours the store is open you'd have to be insane to get gas there. However they're a good 20-25 cents cheaper per gallon than anything in a 10 mile radius where I am. Not really a meaningful amount of savings when it comes down to it... but it just feels a bit better - especially when coupled with the additional 4%.
I can't see how it's worth 20-30 minutes of idling and your free time to save $3-$4. 1 pull from zero to 100 will use up the savings.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I can't see how it's worth 20-30 minutes of idling and your free time to save $3-$4. 1 pull from zero to 100 will use up the savings.
I've never waited even full minute for a pump when I go, I just pull straight up to a pump. Honestly, when I go there... it's faster than regular gas stations, since half the time they have broken card readers, broken pumps, long lines at the counter to pay cash and avoid the additional .20/gal credit upcharge, etc.

I agree even a 5 minute wait would not be worth it... nor would driving 15+ miles out of your way to go there. Mine is just 3 miles from my house, ~15 from my office, and is located right in the middle of most of the restaurants and stores that we go to every day regardless.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
I'm thankful for the Sunol super stop gas station on my way home
They're usually slow when I get there around 330 Fridays
They have race gas at the pumps
Chevron is $6.89 in San Jose and they have 94 pump for $7.09
No brainer

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
Ain't nothing wrong with Costco gas. If anything, its better tier than others just by the fact they're constantly replenishing. E46, S2K, 392 Challenger, and now my Supra all use(d) Costco gas lol.

93 octane less than $5 in Texas...for now. :coffee:

GR_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium, '90 NA Miata, '05 Saab 92x
Yeah, that's not right. Looks like the dealer didn't remove the shipping spacers from your front suspension. You should remove them.

Shipping spacer removal.png

Thanks @SupraYYJ. I checked and the spacers have already been removed. That wheel gap is just how the stock ride height looks like.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
There will be no savings at Costco, the long waits will burn all your savings and time. Go elsewhere
An idling engine uses surprisingly little fuel. So if you choose to wait on line and continue to run the engine, it's not going to cost more than a few cents.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
An idling engine uses surprisingly little fuel. So if you choose to wait on line and continue to run the engine, it's not going to cost more than a few cents.
I don't know if that's accurate, I idle my Sienna minivan while waiting for my kids with AC running, you can tell I lose a lot of mpg doing that.

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi, Jeep
I don't know if that's accurate, I idle my Sienna minivan while waiting for my kids with AC running, you can tell I lose a lot of mpg doing that.
We accidentally left our 4Runner idling in the driveway Friday after work and didn't realize it until Sunday night. So it ran for more than 48 hours and the tank still wasn't empty. Based on the fuel it used, I estimated that it consumed less than a half gallon per hour of idling. So waiting 10 or 15 minutes to get gas at Costco isn't going to cost much, even at today's high gas prices.
Sponsored