Crash Supras on Public Roads

Lonestar_Nomad

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘23 GR Supra Premium MT
I must have been out of the car scene when the attitude of “you’re garbage and deserve everything bad” became prevalent. It’s probably just my time of the month, but a bunch of y’all sure come off as pretentious know it alls when this stuff happens, like your shit never stank, doing donuts in the high school parking lot in daddies car.

“Well you see, my fellow professional race car drivers, if he would have applied 17.5% throttle, with 3 degrees of wheel rotation 🤓☝
Alright I had 10 minutes to gather my self and realized, this guy did this on a public road and impacted another vehicle. Screw him, I’m being a sissy, he deserves everything bad that happens.
Forgive me for my emotional outburst lmao
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I must have been out of the car scene when the attitude of “you’re garbage and deserve everything bad” became prevalent. It’s probably just my time of the month, but a bunch of y’all sure come off as pretentious know it alls when this stuff happens, like your shit never stank, doing donuts in the high school parking lot in daddies car.

“Well you see, my fellow professional race car drivers, if he would have applied 17.5% throttle, with 3 degrees of wheel rotation 🤓☝
Hey those snow donuts in my Mom’s station wagon are the reason I’m a better driver today. 😆

You really need to push this car beyond its limits in a controlled environment to understand where the limits are.

-RJM

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
This is the type of reactions you need if you are trying to show off. I showed this to my son when he was learning to drive so he could get an idea of the reactions you need esp in the wet when a car gets sideways. Stuff happens very fast esp on a heavy RWD road car and you need cat like reactions to keep on top of them. Kenny Brack is a pro and obviously highly practiced, you are neither of those things so best to not go there on the streets, was my advice to him. The track is the place to play. Still my favourite video.

You forgot the part where you tell us your name after you comment

Emspilot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey those snow donuts in my Mom’s station wagon are the reason I’m a better driver today. 😆

You really need to push this car beyond its limits in a controlled environment to understand where the limits are.

-RJM
Snow donuts in a hooptie to learn yes, not in a 500 hp machine you can’t handle.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Could happen to anyone on this thread/forum, the car (like most modern cars) has tons of power under the right foot. Hope the drivers involved in the crash are okay. Cars can be replaced but people can't.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Could happen to anyone on this thread/forum, the car (like most modern cars) has tons of power under the right foot. Hope the drivers involved in the crash are okay. Cars can be replaced but people can't.
Found the guy that wrecked 👆🏼.

In all seriousness, no, it couldn't happen to anyone on this forum; at least, it shouldn't. From the ViDeO EvIdEnCe the driver:

1. Disabled traction control in a car he wasn't capable of driving
2. Drove like a douche because someone had a camera out- which is beyond baffling to me
3. Hit it on an on-ramp, where the road is cambered and curved
4. Didn't ease off the throttle when the car came loose
5. Completely over-corrected- possibly forgivable

This wasn't a mechanical failure on a stock car; this was a driver showboating to an audience in a machine he wasn't qualified to operate. 100% negligence. I have absolutely zero sympathy for the ass-hat driving the Supra.

EDIT:

Not to mention, this fucking could have seriously hurt someone. This is a crowded highway, with kids and families and people trying to get to work and whatever else. There was zero this SUV could have done to avoid hitting this fucking clown shoes driver.

So for the love of whatever space ghost you probably believe in, don't act like what the Supra driver did was unavoidable, because it fucking was. I drive my 1000hp+ Supra on the street all the time, and never once lost control, kicked the end loose, or whatever.

1707177675183.png

Last edited:

teal.supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Supra

In all seriousness, no, it couldn't happen to anyone on this forum; at least, it shouldn't. From the ViDeO EvIdEnCe the driver:

2. Drove like a douche because someone had a camera out- which is beyond baffling to me

This wasn't a mechanical failure on a stock car; this was a driver showboating to an audience in a machine he wasn't qualified to operate. 100% negligence. I have absolutely zero sympathy for the ass-hat driving the Supra.

EDIT:

Not to mention, this fucking could have seriously hurt someone. This is a crowded highway, with kids and families and people trying to get to work and whatever else. There was zero this SUV could have done to avoid hitting this fucking clown shoes driver.

So for the love of whatever space ghost you probably believe in, don't act like what the Supra driver did was unavoidable, because it fucking was. I drive my 1000hp+ Supra on the street all the time, and never once lost control, kicked the end loose, or whatever.

1707177675183.png
This logic is why I love you 😂🤷🏻‍♂️
We are the same.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here in the States, anybody with a driver's license and a wad of cash can get a lot of car with very little driving experience and/or instruction.

EDIT:

1707177675183.png
Hey, u got me! Lol

I'll be honest - I can't tell just based on the video what nannies were turned on or off.

It looks like there was one chance to catch it, and it all went pear shaped immediately.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

-RJM
Agreed. An autocross does wonders for learning limit handling, especially to manage when the rear comes around to see what the front is doing!

Kroberter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91MT Supra, 95 Rx7,67 Corvette 427ci
I’d delete this thread and the videos. That Subarus lawyer should press charges. It would be any easy case.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here in the States, anybody with a driver's license and a wad of cash can get a lot of car with very little driving experience and/or instruction.

Hey, u got me! Lol

I'll be honest - I can't tell just based on the video what nannies were turned on or off.

It looks like there was one chance to catch it, and it all went pear shaped immediately.
If you’ve spent any amount of time in the Supra you’ll know -exactly- how the car behaves with it both on and off. It is off.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Watching this, I would say pretty confidently that TC was not turned on. He still was not 100% straight and he mashed the throttle, boost hit and car lost traction, wheel was not fully straight, he panicked and overcorrected. Not going to bash the guy because it happens to the best of us, he was trying to accelerate onto the highway and just sent it a little too hard, and unfortunately for him and the other car, wrong place wrong time. One of the best things a buddy of mine who races professionally told me once while we were out on the track, and this has been engrained in my head since that day ; Your tires can only do one thing great a time, accelerate, turn, or brake, whenever you start asking for more then that you better be on your A game. Given the assumption that this car is tuned at least with bolt ons, you are looking at 500+ hp, chances are they just recently left cars and coffee because tons of people are watching, so you have cold tires, and you mash it in 2nd gear, this was a bad situation from the start. Hope everyone involved is okay, cars can be rebuilt, his ego will definitely be bruised for a while tho...
Thanks, this is the best explanation on this thread about what happened and why.
Sponsored