SupraTimo

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
What’s up guys.
I was watching this video and on the comments people were asking who was at fault, I cannot believe how many people think it was the truck’s fault for the crash for hitting the supra. What do you guys think ?
Sponsored

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I was watching this video and on the comments people were asking who was at fault, I cannot believe how many people think it was the truck’s fault for the crash for hitting the supra. What do you guys think?
~ The SUV driver clearly wasn't at fault here.

The Supra driver failed to maintain control of his vehicle. The Supra driver would be cited for failure to control... no question (the skid marks and video don't lie). 😳

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
I'd like to move this thread to a more productive direction (if OP is okay with that).

What can (we), the community of Supra owners learn from this, so we don't repeat the same mistakes, and give the voting public more excuses to penalize all enthusiasts? I'll get us started...

1. Enjoy the cars and coffee, don't pull stunts to impress the crowd.
2. Cold tires = limited traction, limited grip. Go easy on throttle application until temps are stable, full VSC and TC are your friend.
3. Do HPDE to learn yaw control and tire management with instructor. Do a local AutoX to learn car control and limit handling.
4. Know the roads and traffic conditions/flow. Do advance recon drive to understand camber, pot holes, hazards, etc. b4 spirited drives.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I'd like to move this thread to a more productive direction (if OP is okay with that).

What can (we), the community of Supra owners learn from this, so we don't repeat the same mistakes, and give the voting public more excuses to penalize all enthusiasts? I'll get us started...

1. Enjoy the cars and coffee, don't pull stunts to impress the crowd.
2. Cold tires = limited traction, limited grip. Go easy on throttle application until temps are stable, full VSC and TC are your friend.
3. Do HPDE to learn yaw control and tire management with instructor. Do a local AutoX to learn car control and limit handling.
4. Know the roads and traffic conditions/flow. Do advance recon drive to understand camber, pot holes, hazards, etc. b4 spirited drives.
Anyone with a brain and common sense knows this. Can't teach common sense.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
The number of people in this thread who feel bad for the Supra driver and the car is mind-boggling to me.

There are like ten comments 'I feel bad for driver,' and 'Supra can be replaced,' and 'Man sucks for him,' and... one? Maybe two? Comments on the fucking family SUV that had an unavoidable head-on collision they had no control of.
I showed my wife. She instantly said “he didn’t mean to do it obviously” - ummmmmmmm okay true…. Then I read your response today - screw that guy! I’m so torn 😂

Hopefully he’ll join the forum and learn 🧑‍🏫

DEupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 MT, '23 BRZ, '06 RX-8
Saw on Reddit, driver survived, this article calls the Supra a 'sedan'. On the Parkway in New Jersey today at 9:30 AM.

"The witness who took the video told the Scoop the driver got out of the vehicle on their own. State Police spokesman Troy McNair said the driver suffered moderate injuries and was taken to a hospital."

https://nj1015.com/video-shows-sedan-flipping-on-parkway/

Golfer2321

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 3.0 Premium AT
Not all people deserve fast cars. Guy walked out of the car so he is OK.

As I wait for my car to finally arrive, I now have to convince my parents that this is no way the car's fault.

Conveniently the same week the other driver lost control with traction control turned off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI
Have another link? want to see 👀

Davidr3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not all people deserve fast cars. Guy walked out of the car so he is OK.

As I wait for my car to finally arrive, I now have to convince my parents that this is no way the car's fault.

Conveniently the same week the other driver lost control with traction control turned off.

Guys like this are giving us a bad look.

https://www.facebook.com/LakewoodScoop/videos/-caught-on-videowatch-as-a-vehicle-flips-multiple-times-and-goes-airborne-on-the/351216904389474/

I’d probably tell them that you won’t be driving in the emergency lane speeding and hitting a dirt hill for a start 😁
Sponsored