Dash Camera Discussion / What Dash Cams are you guys using?

Which Dash Cam Would You Recommend?

• Total voters

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
I have the Blackvue setup as well. I have the dual cam for front and rear. But made a little secondary mount to attach the rear camera to the front so I can see the cabin and rear and rear sides of the car. Love it!

20191111_211943.jpg
20191111_211951.jpg
20191111_212003.jpg
20191111_212319.jpg
20191111_212435.jpg
Can you please provide some photos of what the rear camera see? :wave:

Sorry, just remembered you asked. Dont mind the quality. It's a quick screenshot from the phone app.

PhotoGrid_1578442108529.jpg

Helicaldamn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2014 Toyota 4Runner, 1986 Toyota 4Runner
I just started looking into dash cams. I ran across the Waylens Secure360 and they have a model with 4G from AT&T as well. No battery pack though. Has anyone else heard of this one before?

KPatrick

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MkV Premium Absolute Zero, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4X4 Crew Cab LB, 2016 Lexus GS350 F Sport, 2007 Triumph Speed Triple
I just started looking into dash cams. I ran across the Waylens Secure360 and they have a model with 4G from AT&T as well. No battery pack though. Has anyone else heard of this one before?
Reviews haven't been good for that one. Sounds like a great idea but needs more development.

kayos90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2020
I've been reading the forums and it seems like there's an issue with hardwiring (or plugging it into the charge slot next to the USB plug) where the camera keeps draining. Do certain cameras do this? I'm reading a lot of people having preference for the BlackVue but I don't know the first thing about these things. I'm seeing some better options around the net but I don't want to accidentally drain the battery on the car.

OP
OP
jtsang25

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I've been reading the forums and it seems like there's an issue with hardwiring (or plugging it into the charge slot next to the USB plug) where the camera keeps draining. Do certain cameras do this? I'm reading a lot of people having preference for the BlackVue but I don't know the first thing about these things. I'm seeing some better options around the net but I don't want to accidentally drain the battery on the car.
Hard wiring into a BMW has it's own risks. I was advised not to hardwire when I owned a bmw. its not a camera issue.

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Whatā€™s up everyone? Seeing if any of you guys are running dash cams in your Supras.

Been in my fair share of accidents and I think a dash cam would be nice piece of mind. The only thing I hate is that the wiring can be an eye sore. You guys have any recommendations or photos of your setup? Thanks!

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I recently reinstalled the BlackVue DR750-2CH (front and rear) cams off my last BRZ along with the Power Magic Ultra Battery (B-124).

I placed the center lens along the centerline of the car, both front and rear and ran the wires along the headliner and A-pillars down to the glovebox where I have my battery pack and hardwired it to the empty fuse (next to the 12V one) under the passenger side footwell.

I chose the glovebox for the battery pack since I like the ability to reach over and switch it completely off when I park in my garage at home.

0-3.jpg

0-5.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-10.jpg

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I recently reinstalled the BlackVue DR750-2CH (front and rear) cams off my last BRZ along with the Power Magic Ultra Battery (B-124).

I placed the center lens along the centerline of the car, both front and rear and ran the wires along the headliner and A-pillars down to the glovebox where I have my battery pack and hardwired it to the empty fuse (next to the 12V one) under the passenger side footwell.

I chose the glovebox for the battery pack since I like the ability to reach over and switch it completely off when I park in my garage at home.

0-3.jpg

0-5.jpg

0-2.jpg

0-10.jpg
Wow, that looks very clean! Good job! The empty fuse on the passenger side, does that stay constantly on or only when the car is started? Thanks!

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wow, that looks very clean! Good job! The empty fuse on the passenger side, does that stay constantly on or only when the car is started? Thanks!
Thank you!

I used fuse slot number F47 which is empty. It's right next to F46 which is the 12V outlet in the center console. They both turn off after 6 minutes once the car is turned off and locked.

Front.png

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you!

I used fuse slot number F47 which is empty. It's right next to F46 which is the 12V outlet in the center console. They both turn off after 6 minutes once the car is turned off and locked.

Front.png
Thanks for the info! Was going to just plug and unplug the dash cam via usb everything I use it, but I think Iā€™ll just hardwire it through the fuse box if it isnā€™t too difficult . Usually donā€™t like messing with electronics, but Iā€™ll see how it goes.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the info! Was going to just plug and unplug the dash cam via usb everything I use it, but I think Iā€™ll just hardwire it through the fuse box if it isnā€™t too difficult . Usually donā€™t like messing with electronics, but Iā€™ll see how it goes.
I hear ya. I've installed dash cams on my GTI and Golf R. Both were German. My BRZ was the easiest though.

I followed these two threads and decided to do a mirror tap for my radar detector and the fuse tap for the dash cams. However, I went with the front passenger fuse box rather than the fuse box in the trunk and battery connections.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/radar-detector-laser-jammer-installation.2040/

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/blackvue-dr900s-2ch-install-diy.4921/

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I hear ya. I've installed dash cams on my GTI and Golf R. Both were German. My BRZ was the easiest though.

I followed these two threads and decided to do a mirror tap for my radar detector and the fuse tap for the dash cams. However, I went with the front passenger fuse box rather than the fuse box in the trunk and battery connections.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/radar-detector-laser-jammer-installation.2040/

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/blackvue-dr900s-2ch-install-diy.4921/
Nice! Iā€™ll definitely use that as a reference! Thanks a bunch.

I was actually looking at this Garmin unit, just want something small. Donā€™t mind if it turns off while Iā€™m parked, I only want it for potential vehicle accident.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R638L8N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xgQxFbTCMS88F
Sponsored