Dinan Intakes for the Toyota GR Supra

S2k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
This could be the kit for me! MST\Armaspeed are too loud and "boy racerish" for someone of my age lol, but Eventuri too quiet. Sounds like this may sit in the middle. Looking forward to seeing more videos\sound clips.
Exactly my thoughts! (And why I have ordered one} The sound clips of the more open systems seem very OTT to me.

It is also that sweet spot of some sound, but with a more or less sealed system to get the HP gains/cold air like the Eventuri that I really like.

For me, it was exactly what I had been looking for, so a big thumbs up to the designer! šŸ‘
Sponsored

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Exactly my thoughts! (And why I have ordered one} The sound clips of the more open systems seem very OTT to me.

It is also that sweet spot of some sound, but with a more or less sealed system to get the HP gains/cold air like the Eventuri that I really like.

For me, it was exactly what I had been looking for, so a big thumbs up to the designer! šŸ‘
Nice, look forward to hearing how it sounds & performs.

Did you order direct from Dinan or find a UK reseller? Do you mind me asking what they charged for postage? Hopefully don't get hit too hard for import duties and VAT.

Last edited:

S2k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Nice, look forward to hearing how it sounds & performs.

Did you order direct from Dinan or find a UK reseller? Do you mind me asking what they charged for postage? Hopefully don't get hit too hard for import duties and VAT.
I have PMā€™d you the details, but have used one of their recommended US distributers:

https://x-ph.com

(Dinan do not ship direct outside the US)

Jofro6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Infiniti Q50, 2023 Supra 6MT
The intake install was super easy and straight forward.
The turbo inlet pipe was the tougher part. Finding the sprintlg clip without being able to see it was not easy and there were no good videos of it. Once that spring was off though, very straight forward and simple if you know how to use basic hand tools.

And I am not a very handy person saying this was decently simple doing both at the same time

golie25

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
@Avarela99 hey, was wondering your experience moving from the armaspeed ā€” while I love the armaspeed sound, Iā€™ve noticed my iats get up into the 120s with only a few pulls. Do you remember the actual decrease youā€™ve seen with Dinan? Also any chance you have the Verus heat shield as well? Hoped to verify fitment before I ordered.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
@Avarela99 hey, was wondering your experience moving from the armaspeed ā€” while I love the armaspeed sound, Iā€™ve noticed my iats get up into the 120s with only a few pulls. Do you remember the actual decrease youā€™ve seen with Dinan? Also any chance you have the Verus heat shield as well? Hoped to verify fitment before I ordered.
Yeah i checked my IATā€™s i had the same problem 120 plus degree temps with armaā€¦ with the dinan Iā€™m at mid/high 80ā€™s on a 70-75 degree day it runs much closer to ambient temps. I choose the lower IATā€™s over insane induction sound the dinan still sounds really good you notice it just doesnā€™t sound like darth vader with a hard on like the armaspeed. Iā€™m happy with the switch just installed the dinan engine cover also today about to post a pic

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Full @Dinan_Engineering under hood with intake/inlet, struts, and engine cover looking sick!!!! Engine cover just rubs my aftermarket charge pipe hope that doesnā€™t damage it in the long runā€¦ overall super happy with these dinan parts the quality is top notch!!!
IMG_3104.jpeg
IMG_3102.jpeg

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
IMG_3102.jpg

Apologies, but this fitment doesn't sit well with me at all. The lid channel isn't parallel to the brace in any of the photos, customer or manufacturer provided. It would bother me to no end. My Injen fits laser parallel with the tower brace, and I expect nothing less from anyone else in the premium product space.

Optimusprimerib

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 manual base
Hi, the engine moves quite a bit due to our squishy engine mounts. Will the air box cover come into contact with the braces? I'm concerned that the beautiful CF gets marred or dented.

Check at about 27 secs into video to see the engine dancing with revs. Looks pretty close but not sure if there's contact.

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
IMG_3102.jpg

Apologies, but this fitment doesn't sit well with me at all. The lid channel isn't parallel to the brace in any of the photos, customer or manufacturer provided. It would bother me to no end. My Injen fits laser parallel with the tower brace, and I expect nothing less from anyone else in the premium product space.
I believe itā€™s intentional so the dinan logo under the brace can be seen and isnā€™t completely hiddenā€¦ i had the same thought at first but i think itā€™s because of that i could be wrong tho doesnā€™t bug me

OP
OP
Dinan_Engineering

Dinan_Engineering

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinancars.com
Car(s)
GR Supra 2.0, 2x GR Supra 3.0's and countless BMWs
I believe itā€™s intentional so the dinan logo under the brace can be seen and isnā€™t completely hiddenā€¦ i had the same thought at first but i think itā€™s because of that i could be wrong tho doesnā€™t bug me
There is a number of things that can be done to clean up the evenness but any small deviation will look exaggerated, especially at certain angles, given the channel lid-design.
  • Make sure the rubber mounting grommets from the lower air box stay in the car and are not removed with the OEM lower box. This will lead to improper sitting and the box leaning in the direction of wherever the missing grommet is located.
  • Ensure the Dinan lower box is fully seated/snapped into those mounting grommets and also in the groove where the factory inlet is or the box will sit high and/or at an improper angle.
  • The natural tendency of the system given its orientation and weight distribution is to sag slightly inward towards the engine. The best way to combat this is before tighteing down the hose clamp from the intake tube to the inlet is to push down/put some pressure on the side of the intake closest to the wheel well forcing it to sit a bit more level and then tightening the clamp. If correcting after intall just loosening that clamp and sliding the the intake tube a bit to the passenger side and then tightening the clamp will result in the same effect.
  • The brace itself has some room for "slop" and can be shifted slightly -- (ie: move the top mount as far to the left as possible and he bottom as far to the left as possible if the brace looks skewed to the right side of the channel).

Hi, the engine moves quite a bit due to our squishy engine mounts. Will the air box cover come into contact with the braces? I'm concerned that the beautiful CF gets marred or dented.
Check at about 27 secs into video to see the engine dancing with revs. Looks pretty close but not sure if there's contact.
Never had any issue with it hitting on any of the test cars nor have we heard any reports in the field thus far. There honestly is fair amount of clearance even with the engine rock.

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Can anyone confirm Verus aos fitment with Dinan intake??? Iā€™ll buy immediately if it does
Sponsored