Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
Yes I know, instead of swapping out the slave I was just going to do the mod in the OP's first post. But, I'd like to know what the part number is for the OEM slave, if anything ever happened to the driveline I'd certainly be swapping an OEM slave in prior to any warranty work.
That would be a waste of time and I expect the Toyota one may be harder to find and/or more expensive.

That referenced part number is literally identical to the OEM one in every visible way but for the presence of the delay valve just inside the hydraulic connection.

I purchased mine from FCP Euro and installed it myself. I kept my OEM slave cylinder for the same reason: to reinstall should I ever need to take the car in for warranty work on the transmission.

ApexTheory

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
I don't think you even need the spare part. You can just keep the spacer and CDV and re-install it easier than changing out the whole slave cylinder.

OP
OP
Stvee

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Yeah there is no reason you can't reinstall the CDV if needed.

94boosted

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R MT
I don't think you even need the spare part. You can just keep the spacer and CDV and re-install it easier than changing out the whole slave cylinder.

Yeah there is no reason you can't reinstall the CDV if needed.

Good to know, I was worried that with having to use a metal screw to remove the spacer and CDV it would cause some damage to one, or both, preventing them from being reused.

ApexTheory

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
Good to know, I was worried that with having to use a metal screw to remove the spacer and CDV it would cause some damage to one, or both, preventing them from being reused.
The screw is just useful to get a little bit of friction on the inside barrel of the spacer/valve. As long as you're not reaming it in there you won't do any damage.

meeko

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23’ Stratosphere Blue MT
Thank you for your write up!! After buying power bleeder, I got this done in about an hour like you mentioned. It took a 2 or 3 times to get the CDV out but it was easy! Great write up!

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 A91-MT
That power bleeder will be clutch (in the second definition of the word) whenever you decide to change out the OE brake fluid for a more track-capable one.

If you have any thoughts of tracking, Castrol SRF, Motul RBF, or Endless brake fluids are all really decent.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Thank you for your write up!! After buying power bleeder, I got this done in about an hour like you mentioned. It took a 2 or 3 times to get the CDV out but it was easy! Great write up!
Did you get the European power bleeder? I see a lot of models of power bleeders, so i am curious

Chong

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 MT
Did you get the European power bleeder? I see a lot of models of power bleeders, so i am curious
I'm not who you directed your question towards, but Motive 0109 is the one that's compatible with our cars.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Perfect info. Thanks guys
Sponsored