Do NOT buy a Supra right now

ynguldyn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A better one
... unless you're dead set on a Launch Edition one.

Production of LEs is now finished. Regular Supras are being made at a pretty rapid pace. Approximately 2500 (including LEs) have been already assembled just for the US market alone. This means within a couple of months every Toyota dealer will have several in stock, available for pickup on the spot. Production volumes do not appear to be restricted, so do not expect any exclusivity or limited availability for a non-LE car. Dealers will not be able to maintain ADM for long. Wait it out.
Sponsored

s219

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW X3 M40i, BMW M2 Comp, Ferrari 328
Be interesting to see if the dealers realize this. Come November I expect there to be good supply and hopefully dealers let the prices come back down to reality.

herM

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 MCS
Vehicle Showcase
Be interesting to see if the dealers realize this. Come November I expect there to be good supply and hopefully dealers let the prices come back down to reality.
Some definitely do not. Dealer I've been speaking with have called me three times since Monday telling me that their $6k markup is the cheapest I'll find. Told them I'll wait it out and they said good luck, I'm never gonna find one for MSRP.

Guess I'll just look at em on the lot as I drive by.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Some definitely do not. Dealer I've been speaking with have called me three times since Monday telling me that their $6k markup is the cheapest I'll find. Told them I'll wait it out and they said good luck, I'm never gonna find one for MSRP.

You will. Check in other cities around, or other states

Dick

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra

Hah! Thatā€™s exactly what you would expect them to say ā€” of course they want to make an extra 6K on your deal. I agree with the previous comment, Iā€™d be surprised if these are still going for over MSRP after November. They arenā€™t planning to produce a ton so youā€™re not going to see them incentivized anytime soon. After the LEs are gone and we are past the gotta have it right now crowd ā€” canā€™t see dealers wanting to keep these sitting around and paying flooring on a 55k vehicle to get a few thousand over sticker while also hurting their future allocation as well.

As much as I want one ā€” like today ā€” Iā€™m looking at Dec/Jan for delivery.

Supra Guy

First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
VW GTI
Nothing wrong with buying a Supra now as long as you donā€™t over pay for it. I really donā€™t see this Supra holding the value like the MK4 did. Of course I donā€™t think they will be discounting Supraā€™s ever though.

ifew552

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Q50
Same exact thoughts here.
I'm on the same page. Wait till c8, I'll pick up a Supra for 45K. Once initial demand dies down, although not overly produced, I think I can get a deal. Who da hell is going to pay 60K for a two seater Toyota? Nobody! However, I'm wiling to pay 60K for BMW two seater lmao...
Sponsored