Do we think tuning will ever be simple for this car.

OP
OP

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I understand every part except the tune part. Can it come from Fenton already tuned. I am stupid w this stuff
Sponsored

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
I understand every part except the tune part. Can it come from Fenton already tuned. I am stupid w this stuff
2 Options to tune (Im purposefully leaving out Ecutek to make this easier on you):

Bootmod3
MHD

Both do very similar things. Bootmod3 currently has more customrom support than MHD (for flex fuel, rolling antilag, etc), but MHD will be adding it by EOY (allegedly) and will also support Reflex over canbus.

If all of this doesnt make sense to you, please do not tune your car. Im not trying to be a dick, but if your unwilling to take on the risk of blowing a motor, and therefore to spend hours doing research on how all of this works, and why you would choose one over the other, just dont. If you want a little more power, just do a JB4.

OP
OP

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Spell check. Femto. Fem bot. Whatever it’s called

I get it. I just get nervous w this stuff

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Spell check. Femto. Fem bot. Whatever it’s called

I get it. I just get nervous w this stuff
Try Jb4 or stick with it, imo. It's so much easier and you get a little bump that's easily controllable, no relocks cause dealership, less likely to blow your motor I imagine (Definitely possible if used incorrectly).

I've been on JB4 for a couple years just hoping the tune process will someday be conventional and then I can go that route, but I don't feel comfortable sending my ECU across the world only to pay more money when it gets back. Then you'd need to tune for every upgrade, if you're doing it correctly.

JB4 should be fine for you for now. You can run flex fuel if you want the most power. It's just limited on how much you can eek out vs a tune tune.
Sponsored