Do you guys ever get tired of others bashing your A90 Supra? / Tired of the BMW comments?

How much negative comments do you get a day on your A90?

• Total voters

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
My thought process is that if someone openly insults another’s car, that person is insecure and their a hater, it’s that simple. Plenty of cars i don’t care for but no need to waste my energy bashing them, i just don’t buy them :)
Sponsored

Chen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS, Evo X, S2000
I got a lot comments when i purchased an FRS back in 2013. Oh cool you bought a Subaru. blaw blaw blaw. or when you drive a BRZ. You didn't buy a Subaru its NA and RWD. If they come at me and say nice z4 or some bmw joke. i just come back and tell them when was it ever bad to own a bmw?

SupraNando

First Name
Nando
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Scion TC
So, my wife came to me today and asked me why is everybody hating on our new Supra. She said a female coworker of hers came up to her and said your Supra is made by BMW and your motor won't last long. And another questioned the price and etc.. List goes on. Wife loves the car and think its sexy and fast. That's all it matters!

Me frankly, I am getting tired of friends/people I know running their mouths since I got it. Like, " I saw you standing next to a Z4 on facebook..." (dude drives a 90's Civic) Another said nice BMW... (he drives a beat up old vette) Another guy won't acknowledge on the car bc he is hatin' hard. (drives a 90 Nissan Skyline)

Another said, the car is too hyped up... (drives a 2001 civic) And another said, hope you got the extended warranty, because you will need it.. Another said its junk and he would never own one.. One said to pull the junk b58 out and drop a 2jz inside.. I am like yeah, okay, let me ruin a brand new car and pull a brand new motor and put a 90's motor inside a brand new $60k+ car... "Dumbass!" List goes on.
No of them cared to do their research on the car or even ever driven one. This car is so new, nobody knows how dependable or reliable its going to be. But do you think Toyota would risk their reputation by putting their name on a car that wouldn't last? I don't think so.

Its funny bc most of haters can't even afford one..... Me, if I didn't like a car, I am not going to say something smart ass/negative to a friend just bc I don't like his choice of the car.

I like to hear everybody's stories. What has everybody been saying in Public to yall's faces? :) And whats yall's responses back to them? My reply was, "I really enjoy driving the car, car is very well built as far as power/handling/interior, and I think its sexy as hell." "And the car is super under rated power-wise as listed."
I get nothing but compliments on the road, only see the negative comments on the internet. People that troll never seen one or driven this car in person.

NeXvZEiN

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS
I think the new Supra looks great, it's just smaller than the last one and not as everyday use friendly. Of course I say this with a 2018 Camaro SS lol, but even then the Camaro is a lot more practical.

For the record, there's not a damn thing wrong with a BMW I-6, nobody makes them better IMHO.

kissmyrs

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
I havent gotten a one single negative comment from anyone. This car has gotten about as much attention as my r35's did. All positive too. At the same time I truly dont give a f what anyone says ever, so when that day comes...Ill either be laughing or pick apart their car

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
I had a bubba in a straight piped Silverado wanting to race today. The issue is that I was caravanning with my service truck to go to a job site. Hard to explain that it is not the time or place while I’m moving 60 mph rolling down the highway with coworkers in tow.

Poor guys were really let down when I didn’t entertain it.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
The pole should have 0 in the normal way. I have gotten no negative comments but a few good ones.

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
I'm part of a few local facebook car enthusiast pages and anytime a new Supra gets shared the comments are full of sarcastic post like "Nice BMW" or "Sounds like a z4" and so on. I don't even own one yet and I'm over comments like these. It was kind of funny 6 months ago but they are way past being funny anymore and more on the annoying side. I'm sure most people making the comments couldn't afford one anyways. I find it funny that somehow calling something a bmw is now a diss. I've seen similar comments on the c8 post "Nice mclaren" "looks good for a ferrari" :facepalm:

What's been the reception so far when out and about in your new Supra. Any haters?

splv

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 IS350
I hate that Toyota sold out the Supra name without shame. However, I agree, BMW probably did a better job making the Supra than Toyota could've done by themselves. And why do people complain about the BMW interior? Have these people sat in any current Toyota product (not including Lexus products)? To have a discounted BMW M2 Comp killer is a win for all of us.