Does the 20/21 Supra have Lane Keep Assist?

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
I know my 2021 Supra has Lane Departure Warning with Steering Assist. But this only appears to be intended to keep the car from leaving the lane it is in. I have 2 Honda's with Lane Keep Assist and find it useful as it actually helps to steer the car. On my Honda there is a button on the steering wheel that will engage and disengage LKA. If I am driving through a construction area where there are confusing highway lines I just disengage LKA and reengage when appropriate. I cant find Lane Keep Assist or what ever Toyota/BMW wants to call it.

Shay
Sponsored

2Cool

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Premium 3.0
Yes, you can adjust how hard it pushes back on the wheel to keep you in the lane, or turn it off in the user interface. Pull out your owner's manual and look for instructions. The default is full on and it is annoying.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
it's available on all premium model of 20/21. First thing I turned off and only kept vibration. you can over ride (when it's on) by putting on turn signal to the direction you are going before making lane change.

What is the turn signal thing you mention? Does my 2021 have that feature?

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I think modern cars now come with this feature. Just make sure to fill in the signal reservoir in the engine bay every 1000 miles or you may be confused with BMW owners.

OP
OP

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White

The turn signal thing is if you turn on your turn signal before crossing over to an adjacent lane then "Lane Departure Warning" wont shake the steering wheel to warn you that you are crossing the lane line. If you use your turn signal when changing lane then this is not a problem.

Shay

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I think modern cars now come with this feature. Just make sure to fill in the signal reservoir in the engine bay every 1000 miles or you may be confused with BMW owners.
ah, makes sense now. Coming from 25 years in the BMW platform and still owning 3, i will see if my signal exempt status from the DMV carries over to my new Supra.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
I think everyone is confused about what he's asking. The Supra has lane departure assistance. Not lane keep (sometimes referred to as lane centering). If you take your hand off the wheel during a long sweeping turn on the highway, it won't keep you centered in the lane, it'll bounce you in and out of the lane while the car is moving forward. What the OP is asking about is a very light version of "autopilot", which this car does not have. I think newer BMWs have it. Apparently hyundai/kia makes the best version of this technology outside of Tesla.

OP
OP

Shay

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium White
Other Toyota's have Lane Tracing Assist (LTA). I guess I just assumed this was also available on the
Supra.

Honda has Lane Keep Assist and It works very well. If I need to put on my sunglasses and there isn't another car close to me I can just turn loose of the steering wheel and use both hands to put on my glasses. The LKA will keep the car centered in the lane if not in a tight turn. I guess I can go back to steering with my knee when needed.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I've driven a rental 2019 Nissan Altima SL for few hours in variety of roads, (hwy, forest roads, etc.) with the ProPilot Assist. It pretty much steered for me. First, I was hesitant to trust it through the bends, but it was spot-on even during acceleration and slowing down..

In a previous travel, I also tried the Toyota Avalon, was surprised to see the steer assist feature on rental as well.

1610644485724.png

Last edited:

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
It's a nice feature to have in a perfect world. However, in areas of construction (ie most roads), the system's sensors and cameras are constantly "tramlining" over old, new and temporary road markings which makes it inherently more dangerous than not having the system on at all.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
There's always that, even most sophisticated systems can fail, but Tesla's pretty good at it if you don't count few fatalities..
Nonetheless, even when keeping my hands on the steering and paying attention to the road, I found it extremely relaxing to not have to super carefully watch if the leading car speed up & down, stops or exists and not having to steer all the time, etc. during ~5 hour trip on the highway.
I bet my bpm was lower during.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
There's always that, even most sophisticated systems can fail, but Tesla's pretty good at it if you don't count few fatalities..
Nonetheless, even when keeping my hands on the steering and paying attention to the road, I found it extremely relaxing to not have to super carefully watch if the leading car speed up & down, stops or exists and not having to steer all the time, etc. during ~5 hour trip on the highway.
I bet my bpm was lower during.
Agreed. I actually had it on during my first drive home from picking it up in OK. On long highway road trip, it was rather helpful.

But I did prefer the radar cruise control even more as quite a few people speed up and slow down for no reason.

I'd give up the lane assist for 360 camera. I've seen a cringing amount of curb and lip damage, especially with our overall visibility quality. Lol.
Sponsored