Drove a friends Kia EV6 GT today... damn fast

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ
Scary thing is that insane Sentra and Altima drivers will soon be able to buy an insanely fast EV for cheap. It’s already happening with many horrible Tesla drivers. Now it’s unheard of to stop at stop signs, yield, or drive at appropriate speeds. People already think they are gods in regular cars, so I don’t think making fast tanks more available in the future will help this at all.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Scary thing is that insane Sentra and Altima drivers will soon be able to buy an insanely fast EV for cheap. It’s already happening with many horrible Tesla drivers. Now it’s unheard of to stop at stop signs, yield, or drive at appropriate speeds. People already think they are gods in regular cars, so I don’t think making fast tanks more available in the future will help this at all.
https://news.yahoo.com/tesla-car-expected-cheapest-model-100000311.html
Model 2 at 25-30K. It'll be the new Charger aka getaway vehicle 🤣
Cops better get S Plaid 🤣

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Yeah they can try to make them look nice and steal designers from every company they want but lets see how long a new hyundia/kia last without a shit load of problems or an explosion. Theres a reason all their cars comes with 10yrs hundred thousand mile warranty…

Last edited:

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Friends of mine bought one recently and I looked up the specs. Holy hell.

The guy is the adrenaline junkie type but his wife is definitely not. She accidentally pushed the GT button and saw God. Their last car was a Volvo station wagon.

I'm incredibly impressed with the acceleration of EV's, to the point I've questioned whether I should have bought a Supra. Then I remember that someone will always have a faster car and I really love the look and specs of the A90.

I worry that car companies are using the insane torque of newer EV's as a selling point. It comes with the territory because electrics have instant torque, but people aren't necessarily shopping for (or even expecting) this kind of acceleration. Electric cars are heavier than gasoline vehicles and they lack some of the cues that help people realize how fast they're going. That's a bad combination, especially in the hands of people who are buying their EV to be 'green', and not for a sub-four second 0-60.
Exactly. There will always be someone faster. It's about what brings you smiles per gallon. I like EVs, I have solar panels on my house and am not totally against where EVs will go the next 7-10 years, but I wont buy one until charges reach 400+miles consistently then I'll get an SUV for the wife and kids. I think Doug DeMuro recently said in an interview EVs will all in the near future go 0-60 under 3 seconds and it will be normal and miss the days of being connected to our cars. The biggest challenge for EV makers will be convincing the enthusiasts who enjoy the sound and feel of turbo spooling, exhaust system, down shifting, etc. Driving is not just about feel, it's about sound.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
https://news.yahoo.com/tesla-car-expected-cheapest-model-100000311.html
Model 2 at 25-30K. It'll be the new Charger aka getaway vehicle 🤣
Cops better get S Plaid 🤣
My guess is that the base version of this car will have a 0-60 time in the 5.X seconds. That's about the same as a Toyota GR86 which is also low-priced.

One of my neighbors has a 2019 Corvette Grand Sport. He recently told me that he encounters Teslas who want to test him. He hasn't lost a race yet, probably because the performance versions of the Model 3s and Ys are not nearly as common as the less expensive versions.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
My guess is that the base version of this car will have a 0-60 time in the 5.X seconds. That's about the same as a Toyota GR86 which is also low-priced.

One of my neighbors has a 2019 Corvette Grand Sport. He recently told me that he encounters Teslas who want to test him. He hasn't lost a race yet, probably because the performance versions of the Model 3s and Ys are not nearly as common as the less expensive versions.
Could be. The 0-60 is amazing per max torque at 0rpm, but 30-60, etc. ICE counterpart's torque catches up..

Ivan27

First Name
Constantine
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2018 4Runner Limited
Yeah there fast, but if you keep the pedal to the floor all the time, how long will that battery last before it needs a charge. Not to long, but yes acceleration is awesome.

Last edited:

mattieewhooo

First Name
Mattie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
I drove an EV for 4+ years and I can say ..

1.) They're quick, but have mostly low end torque and then it flatlines after a certain speed.

2.) All EVs (as far as I know) are governed and only go to a certain speed.

3.) If you're a true car enthusiast and love driving, then EVs aren't for you - the car mostly drives itself, no lovely engine sounds and then going from 2-3 pedals, to 1 is lame AF.

4.) You definitely learn patience, when it comes to charging in a pinch and/or during roadtrips.

hhaste

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
06 WRX STi, 74 Z/28 Camaro
Too many people put speed and being fast ahead of so many other way more important factors, a huge one for Kia being their in-house made transmissions that don't seem to last very long. I'm glad Kia is going in the right direction, I just hope to see them being completely reliable in the future, for more options.

After reading more comments, I can't believe "which one is more fun to drive" compared to the Supra is actually a question.. Sure straight line acceleration of an EV is cool at first but it's a gimmick. Doing than more than a couple times decreases the range so much, you won't be doing it for long.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
2.) All EVs (as far as I know) are governed and only go to a certain speed.
So are ICE cars.

Model 3 models are governed about the same as most ICE cars.
  • Standard Range Plus – 140 mph.
  • Long Range – 145 mph.
  • Performance – 162 mph.

Bigjsn250

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
11.2 in the 1/4 and never any faster. That’s what would drive me crazy. I’d get used to it in no time and no way to make it any faster.

Schang105

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra, 2020 Porsche Macan
Nice stats. Interesting looks.. Obviously, I understand looks are subjective, but I don't understand why all companies have to make their EV vehicles look "different" by making them look like a grade school project meets lunar rover. Like, make the EV version look the same as their normal sport coupe, sedan, etc, but guts of an EV. Some of their other Kias look pretty good.
Yup this is the recipe for the BMW i4 and i5. Getting their customers ready for New Neue Klass.
Sponsored