First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Glad you came here. Made me look into your website. As I’m looking for tuning options, I need my DME unlocked (10/19 production date). What does this means in your unlock services page?
*****NOTE - Our unlock service is not compatible with Ecutek B58 suite*****
If I was to have my ecu unlocked by you, I can’t use ECUTECK?
my unlock does not support Ecutek, every other platform yes, just not Ecutek. Ecutek software doesn't recognize manual unlock. You need to send to someone with BFlash to unlock for Ecutek

You're in Texas..... hit up my buddy Steven Kan at PRT performance for the Ecutek unlock. He is in FOrrt Worth TX. Tell him Justin from Twisted sent you. and he will take car of you. Outside the unlock let me know if i can help with tuning or anything else.
Sponsored

MR_X

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra, 2016 Macan Turbo, 2010 M3
my unlock does not support Ecutek, every other platform yes, just not Ecutek. Ecutek software doesn't recognize manual unlock. You need to send to someone with BFlash to unlock for Ecutek

You're in Texas..... hit up my buddy Steven Kan at PRT performance for the Ecutek unlock. He is in FOrrt Worth TX. Tell him Justin from Twisted sent you. and he will take car of you. Outside the unlock let me know if i can help with tuning or anything else.
Oh. I’m not looking for ECUTEK. Just wondering because I do have PPE local to me and they only do unlocks for ECUTEK. Though it was a universal unlock so I could use any tune.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
Oh. I’m not looking for ECUTEK. Just wondering because I do have PPE local to me and they only do unlocks for ECUTEK. Though it was a universal unlock so I could use any tune.
no its not universal. Ecutek needs special treatment.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
If you're unlocked for ecutek, you -should- be able to go to BM3/MHD though. The other way around isn't the same. Ecutek writes to a different area of memory on the ECU for the license stuff -in addition- to the bit of memory that holds the calibration tables..

To clarify, as I understand it the MG-1 family of Bosch ECUs has three main areas of memory.

1. The bootloader
2. the software which actually does all of the runtime calculations
3. calibrations/maps - the source of the data for the calculations

You only -need- to change the 3rd area of memory to tune. Change the source data (boost targets, fuel delivery, etc), but some of the more sofisticated stuff lives on part 2. Hot map switching data and the Ecutek license for example.

I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it. I am an idiot though, so who knows.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Good topic for discussion. It's been an interesting debate to watch and seeing the platform with seemingly the worst user experience of the 3 being championed by certain parties.

As stated above by @Twisted Tuning , if any of the flash platforms can achieve the same goals and it depends on the tuner; why does ecutek have the reputation as being the best when it has the worst UX, is the most expensive, and requires special treatment...

I came to learn though so I'll keep reading. I still have no goddamn idea. Lmao

Reactions: zrk

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I originally planned to go BM3 to save some money for my tune. But when it came to finding anyone willing to do it, it was hard. AMS shop won’t tune me, boostin performance won’t, Marin, payne, or any other big name uses only ecutek.

It’s alright though. I’ll eventually trade this car in for a gen 4 viper. Ecutek is better looking for a potential buyer aswell. Only thing better would be straight Dinan

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I think Marin will tune you with a shoe if it's possible. But the rest, yup. Ecutek or bust.
Huh I did just read back in our dms. I guess I seen it wrong. He was talking about tuning on ecutek so I ASSuMEd he only does ecutek since that seems to be standard. Oh well. Ppe comes in clutch with the free ecutek stuff

almatouq

First Name
mubarak
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90
I have 2020 supra with downpipe (titan catless ) +cold air intake ( injen) tuned with MHD stage 2

am happy with it ,, some time with 4 gear power goes down don't know why ,, would like to do a custom tune but with more power and safety safety and safety.

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Payne tunes with BM3 but you also have Paul Johnson and Cary Jordan both solid options!

HaiFrends

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 GR Supra Nocturnal Black
since you are already paying so much for the Fetmo unlock, may as well go all out. Do Ecutek with a custom tuner of your choice, get the Visconti flex kit from @Marshall@ViscontiTuning to run flex fuel and get it all dialed in properly.
this. if you are already talking about going big down the road, you might as well set yourself up properly now and build onto it later rather than buying different services costing more in the long run. you can run conservative on ecutek until the day you want to go big. thats my direction at this moment.

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
this. if you are already talking about going big down the road, you might as well set yourself up properly now and build onto it later rather than buying different services costing more in the long run. you can run conservative on ecutek until the day you want to go big. thats my direction at this moment.
Makes no sense as the cost isn’t nothing, its unwarranted IMHO. Both BM3 and MHD evolved a lot since Supra and Ecutek came to the scene and offer in many ways tons more for the end customer with more coming all the time and as free updates. My 2c

• Haha
Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Makes no sense as the cost isn’t nothing, its unwarranted IMHO. Both BM3 and MHD evolved a lot since Supra and Ecutek came to the scene and offer in many ways tons more for the end customer with more coming all the time and as free updates. My 2c
Remind me, which one of these is on MHD or BM3? They might not _all_ be Ecutek, but most of them are.

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 19.33.05.png

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 19.33.05.png

I mean, sure. They work, but which one of those is on MHD or BM3?
Sure if you’ll focus on guys without a budget throwing money at their cars left and right and if you’ll look at legacy stuff but things have changed a lot and are changing all the time. To the end user both MHD and BM3 provide way more value. We don’t need to agree on this.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
To the end user both MHD and BM3 provide way more value.
I mean, that's not true. We're all end users, and we all have different goals. Mine is to be competitive, someone other's goals are to spend a few less dollars and had a little power for daily driving, some want to AutoX, and so on. .

I'm certainly not saying that everyone needs Port, Meth, Nitrous, etc., but some of us _do_ want that, and the additional cost associated with that is 100% warranted.

Blanket statements like, "unwarranted" and "offer in many ways tons more for the end customer" are blanket statements that just shouldn't be used.

Fine for some isn't fine for everyone, and somehow implying that that isn't true is the statement I have a problem with.
Sponsored