Exhaust Pops and Burbles Gone

SupraStu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Hi all, I picked up my new supra at the start of this week.

I've done 200 miles since and not once have I had the pops or burbles from the exhaust like there was in the model I test drove which I think wad a 2019.

Have toyota tuned these out or do i need to just wait for the car to bed in more?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

I've done 200 miles since and not once have I had the pops or burbles from the exhaust like there was in the model I test drove which I think wad a 2019.

Have toyota tuned these out or do i need to just wait for the car to bed in more?
You in sport mode?

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
Yeah BMW removed the stationary overrun from all its cars around late 2019/early 2020.
My previous car (F40 135I) launched mid/late 2019 and the first few had a nice overrun and burble when revving stationary. Then all of a sudden cars coming off the line no longer had the overrun.

With that car the one I test drove vs the one I ended up with didn't sound much different while driving but it was just the idle noise I noticed. Not sure on the Supra, I guess you'll be able to tell as both mine and the one I test drove were newer than 2019 with no burble.

Same thing happened with the M340i. Early ones had the same sort of pop/ burble but it got removed shortly after.

And since its a lot of BMW underneath the same happened with the Supra unfortunately.

You can look to get it mapped back in or do exhaust changes possibly.
I have just done a backbox mod which allows some small burbles and pops to now come through while driving.

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
Correct, my supra built in 02/2022 doesn't burble either, even in sport mode and pushed. I thought it was because of the particulate filter, but it's possible they changed the map on newer models.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Correct, my supra built in 02/2022 doesn't burble either, even in sport mode and pushed. I thought it was because of the particulate filter, but it's possible they changed the map on newer models.
Might be the particulate filter
My usdm 22 pops and burbles in sport mode after it's warmed up
Not as much as the 21 I tested though

Howzer73

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X3 M40d, BMW 420d
Might be the particulate filter
My usdm 22 pops and burbles in sport mode after it's warmed up
Not as much as the 21 I tested though
Agree there are no pops or burbles in mine which being a bit older now it is probably OK for flying discretely under the radar. My 2016 M2 was ridiculous for burbles with the M performance exhaust. The German engineers also left a hidden piece of software code for a "noisy exhaust mode" which I found out about online in a forum where in comfort mode disabling traction control and with the active exhaust flaps open it made a hell of racket at any revs/ speed if you backed off the throttle. You have to love their sense of humour.

calebc

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra mkv
My 22 burbles plenty in sport, rarely ever get pops.

Fuji808

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Nocturnal Supra Premium
i rarely get burbles in comfort mode...only when quickly lifting off the gas pedal, if ever.

but in sport mode, it burbles and pops all the time...maybe too much so.
it sounds like a gunshot when i slam on the gas pedal...in this day and age, it scares the crap outta people nearby...just don't do it in the wrong neighborhood.....

jonny_tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
I've got a 2022, after it warms up and in sport it burbles like crazy downshifting or letting off gas around 2.5krpm. Occasional gunshot pops that scare me too lol

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46

Yours is an EU spec, I assume.

when I was looking at the 2020 model, the sales manager informed me that 2021 model onward units would less exhaust burbles with an OPF added. They checked with Toyota cos customers had thought we would get the upgraded power model like the US, but we also follow EU emissions specs, so no go.
Sponsored