Michael-Dallas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 4Runner
Mic drop.....since I will likely get banned after one post. Blah blah blah
Looks are subjective. If you want savage geese or crazy chicken or that Scotty guy to decide what looks good and drives good for you, then more power to you. šŸ‘

I have no doubt Nissan will sell more Zs - itā€™s the Altima of sports cars. When supply starts over taking demand at dealer lots, Iā€™m sure your local dealer will discount the Z and approve anybody for credit to move them.

For a mostly recyled platform and powertrain, the new Z should be priced the same as the 370z. If it was a $30-40k car instead of $40-50k, then it would be worth it. My past experiences (plural) tell me that Nissans are great bargains for secondhand vehicles, but awful when purchased new.

The last great Z was the Z32 and Nissan has been in the toilet since Ghosn. The Z33 was a nice car to thrash around on a road course, but it needed the full NISMO suspension treatment. The interior blandness and quality was 10 steps back from the Z32. The nail in the coffin was when other Nissan/Infiniti got the VQ and they all sounded the same - like a crying wookie.
Sponsored

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
No need to get banned for having an opinion. After all, everything you stated is an opinion, even what Savagegeese and others have said. At the end of the day, you like what you like and what you want what you want. Spend your money where you want to spend it, I have no doubt the Z will be a great car for the money, and if you're a Z fan, that's great. I had no allegiance before buying the Supra, I had never owned a previous Supra, but I had owned a 370z and 2011 3.8L Genesis Coupe and a 2016 3.8L Genesis Coupe, which were very similar in a lot of ways to my 370z.

After having owned the Supra, I can say this, the 370z is a massive pile of shit compared to my Supra and I seriously hope for all the "brand loyalists and die-hard fans of the Z", that it ends up being everything you hope it is, because with "1" singular modification in the form of a $400 catless downpipe, and $1400 in tuning, my Supra is making 510WHP and 552WTQ and running 10.9x second quarters and closing in on 7.xx 60-130's.

Do not forget that anyone that posts a Youtube video or anything in the media is going to be doing it mainly for reads or views, and being biased, one way or the other, helps the algorithm depending. I can say this, I personally don't give a single shit whether BMW made this car, or Toyota made this car. If Hyundai had made this car, with the way it looks, drives, and handles power, I would have bought it for the same price even if it were called something stupid like the "Hyundai Osmotron" or something worse..... Doesn't matter. I buy cars because they look good, sound good, run well, and handle power. That's it. So if you want to buy a Z just because "someone else" said it was great, or because it has "true JDM heritage", that's awesome, that's your choice and what you spend your money on is perfectly fine as long as you are happy with the purchase.

I hope you enjoy your Z when you get it, because I love my "BMW Zupra" and I love the fact that almost anything that rolls up beside me on the highway gets sent home packing. Come back to this forum and let us know how things go!
Hey, welcome to the forum. I'm assuming you have spent a good amount of time in both cars to be able to compare them and predict the future market trends. I don't know that I necessary agree with your future predictions - but you seem certain in your ways and that's fine.

On your point of appearances, I don't think I've gone for a drive yet in over 16,000km where I don't get comments, people taking pictures, even full conversations about the car - all of them positive. If it's as ugly as you say, this wouldn't be happening. If you think it's ugly, no problem. That's up to you.

But here's the real problem: its people like you. If you want a real conversation, grow up and stop saying stuff like "you need to see an optometrist." Don't have a name like "Nissan is true JDM." This is immature and you are only reinforcing the perceptions that so many people have of Nissan fanboys.
And this is exactly why SupraMkV the better forum. NissanZClub is as dogshit as SupraForums with that behavior, and I am rooting for the Z. You can't possibly see this level of normalcy there as displayed by these two.

What is different here is that we can have our opinions without needing to be at each other's throats. You can cope, seethe, and hate all you want on here. You're free to do so. But we're free to laugh at (or agree with) you at the same time, but we won't ban you.

We can have our opinions without resorting to bizarre attacks. Y'all don't realize that the Z has its compromises like the GR Supra as well. While we're in love with the end product on our end, you guys need to be inflammatory towards us and the GR Supra in order to convince yourselves that the Z is better. That's next level cope.

OP
OP
gymratter

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
As I have said before in the countless Z vs Supra threads, the majority of members on both forums are good apples that are open to healthy debate and discussions. Unfortunately, there are a few bad apples on both sides there ruin it for everyone. The very small minority of knuckleheads on both forums is not a representation of either community as a whole.

Edited: Thanks for being the voice of reason @MA617M! :thumbsup:

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
For a mostly recyled platform and powertrain, the new Z should be priced the same as the 370z. If it was a $30-40k car instead of $40-50k, then it would be worth it. My past experiences (plural) tell me that Nissans are great bargains for secondhand vehicles, but awful when purchased new.
No way it could be priced the same as the 370Z. With inflation, even the new 86 got a $3k price hike since the FR-S.

Michael-Dallas

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 4Runner
No way it could be priced the same as the 370Z. With inflation, even the new 86 got a $3k price hike since the FR-S.
I hear you on the inflation bit. Hear me outā€¦

The 350z started at $27,650. (I paid $34,550 MSRP for the 350z Track pre-order back in 2002)

The 370z started at $30,090.

The base price only went up less than $3k between the two

Given the age of the platform and powertrain, where is that $10k price difference coming from (from $30k 370z to $40k Z)?

If the 86 got a $3k increase, then a $10k increase is still a hard pill to swallow.

Pricing the Z competitively with the Supra means manufacturer-agnostic consumers are going to [hopefully] spend more time evaluating the two. However, if the Z undercut the Supra, and by significant margin (say $5k), then it may be an easier sell to consumers.

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
The 370z started at $30,090.

The base price only went up less than $3k between the two

Given the age of the platform and powertrain, where is that $10k price difference coming from (from $30k 370z to $40k Z)?

If the 86 got a $3k increase, then a $10k increase is still a hard pill to swallow.

Pricing the Z competitively with the Supra means manufacturer-agnostic consumers are going to [hopefully] spend more time evaluating the two. However, if the Z undercut the Supra, and by significant margin (say $5k), then it may be an easier sell to consumers.
To correct myself the 2013 FR-S was $24,200 + $730 delivery = $24,930
The 2022 GR 86 is $27,700 + $1,025 delivery = $28,725

Price differences being $3,795.

Correct, the 370Z base model did start out at $30k. However, I think a lot of people are forgetting the price did jump over the years.

2009 - $29,930
2010 - $30,410
2011 - $31,450
2012 - $32,280
2013 - $33,120
2014 - $29,990
2015 - $29,990
2016 - $29,990
ect....

I think the reasons why it went back to $30k in 2014 was because the FR-S was taking market shares, sales slowing down, and the 370Z was starting to get long in the tooth with no major updates.

The 2013 MSRP of the FR-S w/o delivery fee + inflation = $30,033. If the trend were to continue for the Z, $33k would be around $41k in 2022. We're all splitting hairs over just a few grand differences. Look, do I wish the Z was priced lower. Sure, but as I have said many times with the current market and inflation I don't think $40k is outrageous for a base Z. A lot of people think it's still a better deal than the 2.0.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
To correct myself the 2013 FR-S was $24,200 + $730 delivery = $24,930
The 2022 GR 86 is $27,700 + $1,025 delivery = $28,725

Price differences being $3,795.

Correct, the 370Z base model did start out at $30k. However, I think a lot of people are forgetting the price did jump over the years.

2009 - $29,930
2010 - $30,410
2011 - $31,450
2012 - $32,280
2013 - $33,120
2014 - $29,990
2015 - $29,990
2016 - $29,990
ect....

I think the reasons why it went back to $30k in 2014 was because the FR-S was taking market shares, sales slowing down, and the 370Z was starting to get long in the tooth with no major updates.

The 2013 MSRP of the FR-S w/o delivery fee + inflation = $30,033. If the trend were to continue for the Z, $33k would be around $41k in 2022. We're all splitting hairs over just a few grand differences. Look, do I wish the Z was priced lower. Sure, but as I have said many times with the current market and inflation I don't think $40k is outrageous for a base Z. A lot of people think it's still a better deal than the 2.0.
I donā€™t think $40k is a bad price for the Z, the problem is how ill-equipped it is. If it came with an LSD and reasonable wheels/tires then sure, but as it sits it pretty much forces anyone who cares at all about performance to either dump $5-7k into it immediately, or spring for the performance model for another $10k. If the performance model was $45k it would be a reasonable option, but at $50k PLUS $3k for paint and floor mats youā€™re at the same price as the 3.0 Supra but with the Z you get much, much less for that money.
Sponsored